is a provider of wholesale and audit intelligence in the automotive industry. Datascan's solutions are the most comprehensive in the industry, providing banks, independent finance companies, and captive financial institutions with clarity critical to their success - helping them manage risk while increasing productivity and profits. All of our solutions are web-based and delivered from our state-of-the-art DataScan-managed data centers. Job Description About DataScan
Our solutions are the most comprehensive in the industry, providing banks, independent finance companies, and captive financial institutions with clarity critical to their success - helping them manage risk while increasing productivity and profits. All of our solutions are web-based and are currently delivered from our data centers.
To learn more about our products: https://vimeo.com/251178810 About the opportunity
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic Software Developer to help build our next generation enterprise web applications. These applications will be modern, cloud centric solutions.
The ideal candidate will be a mid-level, full stack Software Developer that can apply subject matter knowledge to solve complex technology and business issues. The candidate will possess extraordinary attention to detail and excellent technical and communication skills. He/she will possess the desire and ability to develop and own technical and functional knowledge of application components and will be comfortable seamlessly working on front-end and back-end technologies. Responsibilities
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Identifies, debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integrates them into application architecture.
- Creates documentation for the assigned portion of the application.
- Collaborate with peers, junior engineers, technicians and design partners.
- Typically interacts with high-level individual contributors, managers and product management.
- Actively seeks input from senior developers to validate code.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
- Frequently hits commitments according to the agreed upon timeframe, but otherwise provides clear and detailed communication if a technological roadblock prevents this.
- Consistently meets development culture guidelines and standards.
- Provides high quality work to QA that includes written and verbal communication describing the solution.
- Can work independently and finds a good balance between collaboration and working independently. Ask good questions and then demonstrate the ability to think through a problem and plan for a solution.
- Aligns with company direction, uses domain knowledge and company strategy to provide a robust scalable solution.
- Produces a volume of work that is consistent with that of peers.
- You thrive when developing great products and software solutions.
Job Requirements Required Qualifications
- You have previous experience developing enterprise applications.
- You care about agile software processes, test-driven development and reliability.
- You're familiar with the industry trends and keep up with the latest product offerings, and can understand the trade-offs of existing solutions.
- You have experience working in fast-paced, small teams and startups.
- You have the ability to work collaboratively to get results.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, and a good team player.
- You possess strong problem solving, analytical, and quantitative skills.
- You have effective verbal and written communication skills with diverse audiences.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Experience developing high-quality applications using .Net and Microsoft technologies.
- 2+ years experience with .NET Core.
- 3-6 years experience with .Net Framework.
- 3-6 years experience using Microsoft SQL Server technology and/or AWS RDS.
- 3+ years experience with Entity Framework or other ORM tools.
- Proven experience in creating Web APIs (RESTful or otherwise).
- Experience creating secure applications that handle Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Experience developing Microservices a plus.
- Experience with Cloud Development a plus (Azure, AWS, etc).
- Experience with Docker a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes a plus.
- Knowledge of SAML and OAuth2 security protocols a plus.