Working at Covenant Eyes is about something bigger than creating and selling software; it s about creating a movement and changing culture. At the end of the day you are contributing to saving a marriage, protecting a child s innocence, strengthening a commitment to purity, and working to end sexual exploitation.
As a company focused on restoring relationships, we take our families seriously. We believe in hard work, but we believe in balance too. Our first jobs are to our families and we know that balance is crucial.
If you re looking to make a positive impact, you have an eye toward innovation, and are looking for an employer that offers advancement opportunities, work life balance, and a competitive benefits package, we would love to hear from you!
About the position
Covenant Eyes provides first class Internet accountability and Internet content filtering software. We develop code for:
- All major platforms - Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android
- Web-based tools, both public and internal
- Backend systems such as APIs
The Internet is expanding at light speed, and we must keep up with it. This presents our engineers with outstanding opportunities to use their software skills to develop innovative tools for protecting families on the Internet. We need experienced developers who are committed to teamwork in an agile environment.
- Find innovative unexpected ways to improve our software.
- Commit yourself to professional growth, learn new technologies, and strive for excellence.
- Advocate for changes that will increase stability for customers and promote a clean, well-written, and maintainable code base.
What we're Looking for in a full stack developer:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a closely related field, or equivalent work experience
- Superior programming, analytical and problem-solving skills in creating well-written event driven, multi-threaded software
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles and the software development process
- A proven passion for creating software with excellence and innovation
- Self-motivated and able to collaborate with a diverse set of people from many disciplines
- Ability to communicate in writing
Proficiencies in one or more of these areas:
- User Interface Frameworks (Vue)
- Databases (MySQL, redis)
- Platform-specific languages (Swift, Objective-C, C++, Java)
- DevOps/Continuous Integration (Bash, Python, Ansible)
Other useful skills:
- 3 years professional experience developing software
- UI/UX experience a plus
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Unit test design
Personal Characteristics that lead to a successful Career at Covenant Eyes:
- Independent: Able to grasp high level product requirements and translate these to developing or modifying running software effectively
- Strong sense of ownership: Sees projects throughout their lifecycle; from development to deployment. Personally ensures that code works correctly when deployed
- Encourages constructive criticism on his or her work
- Accountable: Should be a results-oriented team player who holds themselves accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of quality software
- Flexible and adaptable. Should be able to switch gears in various situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies