Are you interested in working in a fast-paced environment to help clients to solve their most complex and exciting business challenges? Do you enjoy working with the latest development technology that will stretch your abilities and advance your career?
• Job Duties:
- The Frontend Developer is an experienced engineer who can take a set of UI/UX requirements, research implementation options, and own development efforts to elegantly build key new frontend functionality.
- The Frontend Developer works on the product development team with developers, data scientists, QA engineers, UI/UX designers, and product managers to build software products using an agile approach.
- This individual will bring working knowledge of frontend frameworks, driving and improving development processes and best practices. This engineer is a high impact individual who commits code, owning development tasks from start to finish.
- Work with development team and product managers to ideate software solutions and research implementation options and trade-offs
- Participate in requirements analysis and contribute to/create engineering level-of-effort estimates
- Provide technical implementation inputs and recommendations for user stories/tech debt/defects
- Implement proof of concepts to explore and validate ideas
- Own complex, multiple sprint initiatives from definition through execution that may include significant challenges such as major external dependencies, intra-team collaboration, or exceptionally difficult technical requirements
- Design, build, test and deploy a VueJS web application with a keen focus and understanding of the underlying technologies and how all the pieces fit together
- Interact with back-end components and data (RESTful APis)
- Make improvements to existing features and functionality
- Build new features and functionality by writing clean, functional, and well documented code
- Own and complete development tickets during sprints
- Produce and maintain technical documentation
- Implement and run tests and work closely with QA Engineers to confirm successful functionality
- Perform code reviews
- Mentor other team members
- Review and refine team development processes to ensure efficiency and alignment with best practices
- Proactively communicate status updates
• Required Qualifications
o BS in Computer Science or related field
o 5+ years of experience designing, building, launching, and maintaining web-based software-as-a-service software products
o 3+ years building web application frontends using Vue.js
o Experience building complex data visualizations
- Familiarity with test automation and test-driven development
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience using identity and access management solutions for user authentication and authorization
- Proficiency in Linux environment
- Strong Understanding of Agile/Scrum Methodologies
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work independently or on a full team
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Mastery/Expertise in Vue.js, Bootstrap, D3.js
- Strong experience with Keycloak
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.