We seek a good Full Stack Developer with strong Java and strong technical expertise who is interested in joining our growing project, which is responsible for developing highly scalable and distributed solutions for one of the largest retailers in the world.
As a key member of this team, you will be working in a collaboration with a team of experts recognized worldwide. This is an excellent opportunity to become a key contributor to the project while creating the next generation of network-centric distributed and scalable architectures.
You’ll be a part of a bright engineering team that has open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork, and a customer-centric culture.
- Participate in design and development of high-performance business application, from requirements analysis to production
- Constantly improve software quality (evaluate and incorporate new libraries, tools, and technologies; code reviews; refactoring; testing; etc.)
- Analyze and improve application performance
- Search for simple and robust solutions to complex tasks
- Work in an agile methodology environment where innovation, teamwork, and creativity are the key to success
- Collaborate with distributed team of developers, QA engineers, analysts
- 4+ years in Software Development
- Education in Computer Science or similar theoretical knowledge in CS: algorithms and complexity estimation, data structures, operating systems, programming languages
- Solid knowledge of Java platform (collections, concurrency, etc). Good understanding of JVM internals is a plus
- Experience in microservice architecture
- Understanding of development principles for Clouds
- Experience in enterprise applications development (J2EE, Spring Source, etc) is a plus
- Understanding of distributed architectures and scalability principles is a must
- Experience with Spark (SQL, Streaming) and Hadoop Map-Reduce is a plus
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix-based operating systems (bash/ssh/ps/grep etc.)
- Understanding of SDLC and agile methodologies in particular
- Hands-on experience with developer daily basis tools such as IDE’s, compilers, debuggers, profilers, version control systems, bug tracking systems, build systems (Gradle, Maven2, etc), code coverage and automated testing tools
- Experience with unit and integration testing (JUnit, TestNG, Mockito, etc.)
- Desire and ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies
- Ability to proactively identify and solve engineering problems
- Good interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Competitive salary
- Work on bleeding-edge projects in a team of experienced and motivated developers and QA engineers
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance, benefits package, company-sponsored conferences, vacations
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for the retail, finance and technology sectors. We have architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.