Position is part of Schwab Wealth & Asset Management Engineering - Trading team focused on developing and improving Investment lifecycle solutions in Equities and Fixed Income. deal candidates enjoy fast-paced environments, thrive under ambiguity, and adopt change passionately. Responsible for applications development in an enterprise architecture environment within .net framework using C#. You will be working within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement and support technical solutions across a full stack of development tools and technologies. What you are good at
What you have
- Responsible for the design, development, deployment and maintenance of Web UI and REST APIs.
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as Test-driven development to achieve software quality standards, have a solid test drive development mindset
- Prototype, validate and create critical application solutions for business.
- Interact with product owner, Business analysts, SDETs and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget.
- Participate in technical governance and ensure development standards and best practices are followed.
- Meet periodically with onsite and offshore developers to review and improve code quality, requirements specification and design methodologies.
- Support SDETs with testing efforts and release and deployment and drive improvements in the release process
- Troubleshoot and support applications in production in case of any issues. Ability to debug issues by analyzing thru the Splunk logs.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related discipline or relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 2-3+ years of hands-on experience in .Net C#
- Proficient in web-based development languages, specifically HTML5/CSS3, React, Angular 7 or above
- Should be comfortable in a fast-paced client focused environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Highly collaborative team player, with ability to mentor junior developers and lead initiatives with minimum direction.
- Proven ability to analyze, propose and implement timely, cost effective, quality solutions for all issues or problems within area of responsibility
- A thorough understanding of web architecture, application integration, and tooling is required
- Solid hands-on experience in a mission-critical mid-tier production environment
- Effective communication skills, ability to read and write high and mid-level architecture documentation
- Awareness of emerging technologies/standards is required
Preferred skills & experience
- .Net Core, C# -LINQ and Asynchronous framework experience
- RESTful API
- UI development experience with single page application framework
- Git source code management experience
- Good problem-solving skills with design first mindset
- Needs to be a team player with a good understanding of Agile development practices
- Any one database development experience, Rdbms or Nosql. SQL Server and/or Mongo preferred
- Xunit, Nunit or other leading unit test frameworks
- Any one public cloud development experience, Google Cloud Platform preferred
Why work for us?
- Financial industry experience with focus on Asset Management solutions
- Angular 7 and above / Single page application development
- Continuous integration experience - Bamboo, Jenkins or any CI/CD
- RabbitMQ or any modern messaging framework
- Test driven development practices
- Security and performance testing experience
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.