At REI Systems, our work makes a difference in the lives of millions of people every day. Do you want the opportunity to contribute, grow and learn every day? We’re looking to hire individuals who are enthusiastic and eager to contribute to driving results that matter whether you are developing code for a public-facing website, or ensuring that our latest deployment is bug-free.
If you are solution oriented, thrive in a fast paced, agile environment then come work for a company that was ranked 7th in the 2016 Washington Post Top Workplaces.
We want people:
Who want to make the customer happy by giving them exactly what they want and help them make a difference in their job.
With a great positive attitude that doesn’t hear problems but opportunities to help others.
Who are eager to not just do their job but help team members do their job when they get slammed.
Who likes to learn new things and help others do the same.
Who are always looking for a better way to understand our customer and quickly give them what they need.
Who know the customer so well we don’t have to drive adoption because they want to use the solutions we deliver.
Who look at the customer as part of the team from requirements to delivery.
Note: We have 3 positions open (Full Stack, Java, Jr Java) locations are Sterling, VA and Washington DC.
"REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet)"
As a Fullstack Developer, you will contribute in:
• Deployment Support: deploying code, static files, and/or databases by request to the staging environment, and syncing static files and databases among environments.
REI is looking for a great all-around developer that is capable of managing the pressure of maintaining production systems.
Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed
• Experience building websites using JS frameworks such as Angular, React
• Experience with Databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
• Experience writing simple shell scripts (UNIX/Linux)
• Independence, willingness to learn and problem-solving skills
• Ability to handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines and new challenges
• Ability to communicate and work well with others
• Willing to learn new technologies and contribute as needed
• Experience in test automation tools is a plus
• Experience in CKAN is a plus
• Experience delivering solutions using Agile delivery practices
• Familiarity to automated deployment tools such as Jenkins
• Familiarity with revision control systems such as Git/Github
• Familiarity in Python based framework such as Flask, Django
• Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience enhancing the performance of high-traffic sites
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field
Good customer facing skills
Must be eligible for a clearance
Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training or experience
45335 Vintage Park Plaza Sterling, VA, 20166Contact