As a rapidly growing company, our client is entrepreneurial and fast-paced. As such, they ask their developers to wear a number of hats. We’re also offering 1-3 days per week from home once things start re-opening more. We're currently 100% remote. Salary up to 125K plus bonus.
- Any newer technologies you’re trending towards that you’re willing to train in (assuming they’re strong in other key skills)? Working with Vue.js and Tailwind CSS on the front end. Working with a modern, scaled application (AWS) on the back end.
- Percent front-end versus back-end work? Not one-size fits all. We can be flexible if a candidate shows real strength in one vs. the other.
- Percent working on website versus internal applications? Probably 90/10 in favor of internal applications. Some engineers never touch the website.
- Opportunities for advancement (i.e. are there Lead roles that candidates can potentially move into down the road)? It’s possible, though I’m not sure I’d want to highlight it right now.
- In addition to medical and 401k, we know about transit benefits, casual dress code, happy hours, staff lunches, company outings. Anything we’re missing that’s worth mentioning? This seems complete to me.
- Frequency of reviews and chances for raises and/or bonuses? Performance-based increases annually plus typically an end of year bonus. We offer medical, 401k and transit benefits, casual dress code, happy hours, staff lunches, multiple company outings per year.
• Develop new features and products to enhance efficiency and client satisfaction for our client’s customers
• Optimize existing products for speed, reliability, and scalability
• Document architecture, decision-making, processes, and code during development, not afterwards
• Understanding of security standards and requirements during the development process
• Gather requirements from business stakeholders and iterate quickly in a fast-paced startup-like environment
Requirements (While we recognize that great developers can learn new languages quickly, the ideal candidate will meet most these criteria.)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering
• 2+ years of relevant application development experience
• Demonstrated software architecture and distributed systems experience
• Experience with SQL and any relational database
Nice to Have
• Experience with DevOps automation frameworks like Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
• Experience building and maintaining scalable systems utilizing Amazon AWS
• Experience with Laravel framework
1770 N. Park St, Suite 100 Naperville, IL, 60563Contact