The employee in this role will work in a team environment to create, support and maintain in-house internal and public-facing software applications. Candidate should be familiar with programming web-based applications in a hybrid Linux/Windows environment. Knowledge and experience with applications programming using MS SQL Server and T-SQL a plus.
- Create and maintain internal and public-facing software. Update and maintain company website.
- Organize, prioritize, and assist with daily technical support related to in-house software applications.
- Troubleshoot and solve issues related to in-house and proprietary software applications.
- Manage a ticket queue on a daily basis. Document ticket resolutions properly in a timely fashion. Escalate those tickets that cannot be resolved to higher level of support.
- Resolve software problems with customers having little or no background in computers.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills.
- Availability for off hours support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope:
This position interacts with all levels of employees as well as external contractors and clients. This role requires good communication skills and customer service skills. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of computer software development principles and web-based applications. Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position. This position requires the individual to be a self-starter and maintain strong attendance and performance.
Technical: Demonstrated experience in applications development using the following technologies:
- Experience applications development using MS SQL Server and T-SQL. Knowledge of relational database concepts.
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
- JSP (JavaServer Pages)
- MVC (Model-View-Controller) design principles
- Basic JSP EL (Expression Language)
- Use of version control software
- BS in Computer Science or 2 years paid programming experience
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to create support and training documentation for software systems.
- Experience identifying, responding to and correcting software bugs and issues.
- Ability to develop rapport with users of varying levels of computer experience and ability using a professional demeanor. Ability to interact appropriately with external customers, IT contractors and vendors.
- Experience with Git-based version control.
- Strong understanding of Spring framework (specifically MVC and Security)
- Java Annotations (Spring and Hibernate)
- Understanding of ORMs, ideally Hibernate
- Understanding of Docker and Container Management
- Apache Tomcat
- Experience using jQuery
- Experience developing software in GMP environment, 21 CFR 11 experience.
- Ability to develop, execute and document user requirements, design and test documentation
- Comprehensive benefits package including health coverage, dental, vision, life, IRA and company matching
- Paid holidays and floating holidays
- Generous PTO
- Continued training
- Emphasis on promotion from within