FULL STACK DEVELOPER
In the Full Stack Developer role, you will ensure an excellent user experience on all our web properties, creating new templates, site functionality, responding to bug fix requests, and ensuring brand consistency. Additionally, you will create, update, and test current forms ensuring data is securely transmitted to data stores. Lastly, you will work to improve site performance, incorporate industry best practices with stakeholder needs, and implement A/B testing.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of CSS frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation and CSS pre-processors like LESS or SASS; Bootstrap and SASS are preferred.
- Advanced understanding of WordPress and its architecture (i.e. themes, plugins, custom post types, etc.).
- Familiarity working in virtualized or containerize development environments like VirtualBox, VMWare, Hyper-V or Docker; VirtualBox is preferred.
- Intermediate understanding of Apache / nginx, MySQL/MariaDB and PHP.
- Comfortable working within a Linux environment.
- Solid experience using version control systems like Git and Subversion. Git preferred.
Some key areas of focus for this role include:
- Ability to be self-starting, do independent research on new technologies, learn new web development languages/frameworks, and stay up-to-date on industry best practices.
- Determine technical requirements and ability to estimate effort for projects.
- Understanding of REST APIs, from both an implementation and development perspective.
- Creating wire frames for stakeholder review and approval.
- Performing tests and debugging on multiple different browsers and devices
- Solid experience using responsive design techniques beyond the implementation of a CSS framework.
- Bachelor s degree strongly desired or equivalent experience. Preferred disciplines include computer/information science or related field of study or related certifications.
- 4+ years of front and back-end development experience in web technologies.