The Financial Services Group is currently hiring a Software Engineer. This engineer will be responsible for analyzing, designing, and modifying programming software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet related computer programs.
- Implement new features and remediate bugs on client-facing web applications written in Java
- Implement industry-wide best practices in fluid, mobile-first responsive design
- Participate in Agile scrum ceremonies (including daily stand ups, story pointing, sprint reviews, etc.)
- Work closely with Project Managers, Business Analysts and Quality Assurance staff throughout the software development lifecycle
- Consult on project estimates and user experience reviews
- Help mentor and train other development staff
- Keep current on technical documentation for new front-end technologies and communicate an understanding to leadership
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of work-related experience, or 7 years equivalent work-related experience
- 3+ years in frontend user-interface/experience. Must be able to build, style and script webapp UI pages.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past development experiences and deliverables
- Experience with response, grid-based CSS layout frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Material)
- Previous integration experience with JSON and RESTful based services
- Experience with SQL
- Effective interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization, external customers and vendors
- Proven ability to deliver within a small, focused, development team in a fast-moving environment
- You are proactive, assertive, and have a great attitude!
- Experience working with JIRA, Spring Source Tool Suite (Eclipse)
- Experience working with GIT
- Familiarity with Java-based template engine such as Velocity
- Familiarity and understanding of ADA accessibility guidelines and analysis tools
- Experience working with senior leadership
- Understanding of Token-based authentication, Web Forms Security and user authentication
- Knowledge of Spring Security, Spring Batch and Spring Boot a plus