Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 8,000 individuals and closed nearly $14 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the eleventh consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today!
World Wide Technology, Inc. currently has an opportunity available for a Developer in the IT - Lead to Order organization located at our headquarters in St. Louis, MO. Lead to Order applications support our inside sales teams, account managers and external customers. These applications are highly visible and are currently being used by our WWT internal and external users around the globe. You will work in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic team consisting of other Developers, Analysts, Architects and Product Owners.
Successful candidates will have a background in full stack development and will be responsible for the translation of business needs into IT solutions with current programs, projects, and initiatives in mind. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented, highly innovative and has passion for learning both business and technical processes.
At World Wide Technology (WWT) our vision is to be the best technology solution provider in the world. We have remained successful and continue to grow through the recent difficult economic conditions. We strive to build a profitable, growth company that’s also a great place to work. Key Responsibilities
- Designing, developing, and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems with limited oversight
- Contributing to the structure and design of web applications
- Provide follow on support for post-production release features
- Acting as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a proactive attitude to ensure product and team success
- Actively participate in release and sprint planning, story creation, sprint testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing, demonstrations, retrospectives and solution releases.
- Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet engineering guidelines
- Learn and understand WWT’s business processes
- Provide on call rotation support (approximately 1 week per quarter)
- Bachelors or Masters or MBA degree in preferably Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Supply Chain
- 3+ years of experience in application development
- Familiarity or working experience with web development in utilizing an Agile methodology
- Experience with object-oriented development and data sources (Oracle, MongoDB)
- Familiarity with Java and Spring Boot is a plus
- Test-First mindset across all levels of application development including unit, functional, end-to-end and regression testing.
- Critical thinker with the ability to breakdown complex technical requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong work ethic and a self-starter
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
WWT has a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All new hires must be fully vaccinated before starting at WWT. Appropriate religious and medical accommodations will be made and can be discussed in the pre-hire process.