About the Job
Our client has a small, highly focused team of subject matter experts that absolutely crushes it. They care about each other, their home lives, and their team's success. They have a fantastic culture built on respect and ownership. They want you to be a part of it.
Their Full Stack Engineers work on their fast-moving Engineering team developing and maintaining new products and features, staying up to date on the latest best practices, and working them into the engineering strategy.
Their start-up environment means there is considerable responsibility and ownership of this function along with a significant opportunity to do amazing things! This position requires a self-motivated person with great communication skills, who is a multi-talented, resourceful, team player. You will need experience building scalable, well-documented, maintainable, and secure products.
The team is focused to empower one another to build an incredible experience for their customers, which will be used by thousands including their very own family and friends. They take pride in their work and put in the extra effort as they all have people in their lives who benefit from their product. Responsibilities
- Design, estimate, and code new features
- Architect new applications and expand existing under the direction of the Director of Engineering and Senior Engineers
- Help define, document, and enforce engineering standards
- Perform team member/peer code review
- Participate in software design discussions
- Participate in key projects from start to finish with milestones and deadlines
- 2+ years of demonstrable full-stack engineering experience
- GitHub and Project Management knowledge and experience, including JIRA, Clubhouse, or other Agile tracking systems
- Ability to work well with a motivated team to accomplish the task
- Ability to refactor existing code
- Experience building frontends, backends, and middleware
- Expertise in major web frameworks, Laravel, Vue, React, etc.
- Experience with relational databases and writing optimized SQL queries
- Experience in containerized deployment with Docker
- Experience in utilizing AWS services
- Startup experience
- Can tell a good joke here and there!
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision
- Paid Time Off
- 7 paid holidays each year
- Snacks and beverages to fuel your creativity
- Employee Options
- Team events and social gatherings
- Full line of our products and services to all employees and their families
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or