Title: Jr Network Operations Manager
Location: New York City, NY
Duration: 12+ Months
- The Operations Manager role is to plan, organize, and manage overall operations to ensure the stable Networks infrastructure of the client organization.
- This includes having overall responsibility for the service delivery onsite team and will be the key escalation contact for both operations & deployment.
- The Operations Manager will schedule activities to notify & resolve Cisco Meraki deployment including Cisco legacy devices related activities and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Responsible for integrating operation knowledge and business understanding to develop necessary solutions to streamline operation activities.
- The Operations Manager will be reporting to Service Delivery Manager, and will oversee the operations reporting monthly.
Overall Skills – Must Have:
- 5-7 years working experience in the role of network administration / operation / engineering.
- Experience in some form in a complex multivendor & multinational environment.
- Engineering or diploma with either CCNA/CCNP certified. Cisco Meraki certification or experience will be an added advantage.
- Strong working knowledge on cisco networking products.
- Working knowledge on Wireless, Firewall, Routing & Switching and voice related networks infrastructure.
- ITIL foundation certified or trained with the concept.
- English mandatory, write and oral.
Technical Skills – Good to Have:
- Proficient in routing protocols: TCP/IP, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP/GLBP & Multicast.
- Advanced performance tuning and capacity management concepts.
- Through understanding of IP concepts including routing, VLAN's, QoS, tuning and capacity management concepts.
- Ability to analyze and design systems to achieve efficient and secure operation.
- Prior experience in a retail or financial institution is preferred.
- Desire to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Ability to prioritize along with good time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead & participate as part of a team with high level of initiative & proactive approach.
- Ability to work in a team environment in a global environment.
- Self-driven with good sense of ownership/accountability.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the team’s needs.
Roles / Responsibility
- The Operations Manager holds overall responsibility for the service delivery onsite team and will be the key operation escalation contact coordinating within their respective region.
- Work closely with Global Network operations team in Singapore and manage & schedule the planned activities.
- Assist, manage & assign tasks in the development of the Operations Plan.
- Manage and provide leadership in troubleshooting & resolving infrastructure related incident & issues.
- Clearly understand & develop the escalation processes for internal and to client for higher level support and/or vendor engagement.
- Enable to develop (from scratch) the technical operational working instructions across the new platforms of networks technologies.
- Maintain LAN/WAN network; contact vendors to establish connectivity; plan to deploy and configure routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Maximizes infrastructure performance by monitoring, troubleshooting problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with vendor network architects on network optimization.
- Close coordination with the weekly change control and other client side team members.
- Provide leadership support during and after infrastructure changes to the environment.
- An excellent knowledge of data networking principles as well as high level of skill operation various server management systems.
- Review the incident tickets and perform event correlation for a broader analysis.
- Understand & develop specific troubleshooting, diagnostics, change management policies as it pertains to the technology.
- Clearly define with the other remote smart hand’s team members on the process for handover of duties in critical/emergency situations.
- Perform testing of the tools in collaboration with client as part of operational readiness testing
- Develop the overall train the trainer program as it pertains to the technology policy and procedural aspects and specific client requirements for “go-live”.
- Need to be on stand-by supporting global team members in case of high severity incident.
- Respect KPI & SLA
Thanks & Regards;
Xoriant Corporation | Email: email@example.com
Tel 732 200 1932