Kforce has a client in search of a Full Stack Java CI Poly in Washington, DC.
The Senior Full Stack Java Developer is responsible for participating in the full agile application development life cycle for new development design, construction and testing of Java applications, Microservices, and reusable components to support overall project objectives. The Senior Full Stack Java Developer will continually strive to leverage design patterns, unit testing/automated test scripts, also participate in peer reviews and unit testing, and must be adaptable to different responsibilities, possess strong communications skills, and have a passion for constantly improving the individual and team effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Reviews current systems and presenting ideas for system improvements, including work estimates
* Develops design specifications for components or subsystems within modest to large Web Applications
* Writes clean, well-documented code
* Engages in effective unit and system testing
* Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications; researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements
* Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms
* Works closely with analysts, designers and staff
* Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools
* Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience in IT related field or a Masters
* Full Stack Java
* Automated testing with cucumber, selenium and protractor
* Experience with Continuation Integration toolsets such as Jenkins
* Thorough understanding and proven delivery experience within a Scrum/agile project lifecycle approach to software development
* Hands-on experience with Postgres a plus
* Previous government development experience a plus
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.