BUSINESS / ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
ALTA IT Services has a new opening for a Business/ Organizational Change Management Specialist to support a leading health insurer in Washington DC. This is a 6-12 month contract engagement with very strong potential for conversion to full time/direct hire status with the customer.
The position requires US Citizenship, Legal Permanent Residency and the candidate selected for hire must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
The Change Manager will contribute to the success of large scale technology implementation projects by executing Business Change Management (BCM) frameworks, methods and tools. They will partner with project implementation teams to achieve business goals through successful engagement of internal and external stakeholder, to facilitate adoption of people, technology and process solutions. The Change Manager will work with stakeholders, program and project teams to assess and roll out changes to stakeholders in a structured way with regard to the transition from one technology or business process to another. They will develop, deliver, and coordinate organizational change management work, including stakeholder management, sponsorship, communications, training, change impact analysis, change readiness assessments, change leadership, and culture. Excellent communication and people skills are vital. The role requires excellent organizational skills, problem-solving skills, a command of organizational change management principles, and an ability to work with a wide variety and level of staff proficiency as the change is implemented.
- Assess internal change initiatives and drive stakeholder discussions, create level of effort and change readiness plans, as well as create staffing plan to meet 1-3 year objectives.
- Contribute to all change management aspects of assigned projects as part of a high visibility, large scale, multi-year program.
- Responsible for the success of assigned projects.
- Responsible for reporting on project(s) change management activities to the project and program leadership.
- Ensure that all defined change management deliverables are completed on time and on budget.
- Collaborate with the project team and customer liaisons to ensure success.
- Ensure that projects follow appropriately scaled BCM best practices and established corporate processes, procedures and guidelines.
- Support the development of change management skills throughout the organization; provide guidance on the application of change management best practices.
- Work independently and with EBCM Director and Leads on complex, highly visible, cross-functional projects.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assess change management needs of internal stakeholders for assigned projects
- Identify and drive organization change requirements, including completion of change management and Plan impact assessments
- Monitor and drive organizational change including role and responsibility definition
- Perform work according to defined BCM best practices and methodology
- Minimize exposure and risk on project(s) and program(s), including optimizing the timing of release of project deliverables into business operations
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Responsible for all change management planning, including resistance management, communication and training plans
- Manage development and execution of sustainment plans to ensure “day one” preparedness and ongoing education and awareness as new processes, technology solutions and tools are transitioned from project team to being operationalized by internal teams
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness and manages anticipated resistance
- Define process and measure system adoption, project success metrics, and benefit maximization.
- Report on critical success factors and measurable benefits of projects deployed.
- Responsible for stakeholder assessment and management, including supporting and engaging senior leaders
- Drive adoption, including incentive change requirements
- Responsible for definition and implementation of organizational change requirements
- Guide, advise the Transition Team to build greater awareness and understanding of the need for change readiness and corresponding competencies
- Responsible for communications plan management to support effectively communicating relevant project information to stakeholders
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion and supports risk mitigation efforts
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Through guiding and mentoring of others, support the growth of change management skills throughout the organization
- Ability to build trusted relationships and influence decision making at all levels
- Demonstrated ability in planning and affecting successful change though communication, inspiring desire to actively participate and support change, creation of common understanding and knowledge of change, identification and plan for change and reinforcement to enable sustained change
- Advanced knowledge of organizational change management methodologies, best practices, tools and techniques applied in an IT environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience
- Organizational change management certification or designation desired. Prosci and/or Project Management certification is a plus.
- Management consulting experience, project management experience, and facilitation experience are all desirable.
HOURLY RATE: Up to $70/hr. range, commensurate with experience. Benefits available
Will be a salaried position after conversion to client FTE
For consideration please contact Melissa McNally via email@example.com
ALTA IT Services, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.