TechStar Group is a niche Product Development, Business Solutions, and Global IT Services firm based in Dallas, TX. At TechStar, we help drive customer success by leveraging our deep expertise in IT Solutions and Business Process improvements to enable our clients to achieve their organizational objectives.
Founded in 2002, TechStar Group has grown to become a solutions and implementation partner of choice to multiple Fortune 500 companies. Headquartered in Dallas, TX, TechStar currently has offices and delivery locations throughout the US and India.
Job Title: Full Stack Java Developer
Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6+ Months
About the opportunity:
As a member of the Development team, you will work in a fast-paced agile development environment utilizing the latest technologies to deliver high value, quality solutions. A Software Engineer on this team will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of various customer-facing and middleware applications including the groups’ primary web presence.
• Design and develop critical business functionality within an agile development environment to help achieve milestones and deliverables based on the groups internet and mobile strategies.
• Adhere to, promote, and drive development and methodology best practices currently adopted by the distributed agile development team.
• Contribute to all aspects of project delivery, including creating functional specifications, technical architectures, and external interfaces.
• Work very closely with business partners, analysts and QA associates using an agile development methodology. In this role, you must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable following the best practices of agile development and Extreme Programming.
• Provide support and maintenance duties for web applications in the production environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 7+ years of software development experience involving Java and JEE technologies, implementing enterprise solutions released into a production environment.
• Practical experience with the following technologies and tools: Spring MVC, Angular.JS, Jasmine, Ajax (JQuery), Web Services, IBM WebSphere, RTC, Selenium, Maven
• Experience implementing web applications based on Responsive Web Design, leveraging HTML5 and CSS3.
• Knowledge of SOA and experience integrating with Web Services a plus.
• A Bachelors or Master’s degree in a computer-related field is required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Demonstrated OOP/D skills and comfort implementing Java-based web solutions.
• Experience/expertise with the following web technologies:
o Spring MVC
o Angular JS
o Other presentation-tier technologies common in the Java/J2EE space
• Experience/expertise with the following service-tier technologies:
o Spring & Dependency Injection (IOC)
o REST Web Services
o Multi-threaded Java
• Experience with Eclipse or similar development environments
• Experience with SQL and stored procedures
• Experience with single page architecture patterns
• Experience with cloud architecture patterns
• Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort following the best practices of agile development and Extreme Programming.
• Ability to balance priorities and work on multiple efforts simultaneously.
• Strong judgment, issues management and problem analysis techniques.
• Strong organization and coordination skills.
• Ability to work as part of an interactive, collaborative team as well as independently.
What we offer:
At TechStar, we are always seeking high-performers who are at the forefront of technology. We provide competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and access to challenging opportunities that facilitate personal and professional growth.
Learn more about us at: www.techstargroup.com
C: 972 591 8719