Dedicated Tech Services, Inc. (DTS) is an award-winning IT consulting firm based in Columbus, OH. We now have an opening for a Full Stack Java Engineer in Columbus.
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
We will consider a subcontractor if your employer will allow our client to hire you after six months. Note that our client is also unable to sponsor at this time.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proficient at working in all layers of an application
- Experience working in an Agile dev environment as a hands-on developer
- Data modeling experience
- Experience working in the business logic layer
- Experience in the API and Action layers
- User Interface and User Experience development
- Understanding of server, network, and hosting environments
- Experience with relational databases, notably SQL Server
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Proven experience with client-side web development
- Comfortable working with open-source technologies
- Proficient in data modeling and API design
- Must be able and willing to do a coding exercise in the interview process
If you are all of the following, you’re a fit for this position:
- A creator with a desire to develop products that positively impact lives.
- A self-starter and love to solve problems through technology.
- Hands-on experience across the entire technology stack.
- Loves to be involved in all stages of product design and development, from development of the MVP thru architecting and building a scalable production system.
- A person with passion and a proven track record for creating robust, scalable applications.
- Someone who loves to work on high performing teams, collaborating with team members and improving our ability to deliver
- Passionate about delivering with quality with experience in practices like TDD and ATDD
- Motivated by solving challenging technical problems, and get excited at the thought of no legacy code.
- Able to co-locate with the development team in a loud, open, energetic environment.
- Have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, a good work ethic and sense of humor
We are seeking a Full Stack Java Developer who is proficient at working on all layers of an application. You will work in Agile development environment as a hands-on developer delivering technology solutions to transform our client’s industry. You will work our client location in an exciting, high-energy, collaborative, interesting, and engaging environment on impactful applications and products that change lives. To boot, our client has the right to hire the selected candidate. It’s a fabulous opportunity!
You will be part of a team that builds and operates critical data-focused products for our client. The full stack layers will include:
- Data Modeling
- Business Logic
- API layer / Action Layer / MVC
- User Interface
- User Experience
- Understanding what the customer and the business need
- Server, Network, and Hosting Environment