Business Group Highlights Civilian, State and Local
Perspecta's Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
Joint Engineering Teams - Sustainment (JETS) will provide USCIS with Agile development and maintenance capability to sustain their IT systems. JETS will supply agile development teams to participate in IT maintenance efforts, to include activities necessary for sustaining previously developed systems and applications using Lean processes. The contractor will be part of an ecosystem participating with federal employees and other contractors in a team-based scaled agile approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
As a full-stack Applications Developer (AD) technical lead, will be responsible for the design, development, enhancement, and implementation of software for the JETS program. The lead must work with the entire development team, to include web, back-end and database interfaces to ensure an integrated solution. The lead is the technical innovator on an agile team to research, test and build the conversion and/or integration of new solutions using the latest CI/CD technology (Angular, AWS, etc).. The JETS program is at the forefront of DevSecOps and the technical lead will be responsible for application delivery management through an agile process of user story development and rapid responses to critical customer challenges.
- 15+ years of relevant experience, with a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical degree preferred
- Full-stack experience in software development, to include the following technologies and tools: Java, C#, object oriented design, and modern web frameworks (such as Angular, React/Redux, Node.js, and SCSS)
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD technologies
- Experience with new technologies, such as AWS microservices
- Experience working in an agile environment, with Scrum or Kanban
- GitHub experience
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences
- Experience working as a team or technical lead in a software development environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team with adjusting priorities and deadlines
- Experience with database design and development, specifically Oracle and SQL
- Experience with modernization of an IT system or program and transformation to the cloud
- Implementation of PaaS and CaaS platforms
- Virtualization/Containerization working experience
- Experience with the following:
- HTML 5
- AWS certification
- Experience in Model - View - Presenter or Model - View - Controller design patterns
- Experience working in an agile team, scrum master role
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Options Apply for this job onlineApply Share Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)