The Colony, TX Description:
We're building systems that integrate IoT, real-time data and web/mobile apps and we're doing it with a micro-service architecture to facilitate independent scrum teams. As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you'll be working as part of a scrum team to build cloud micro-services that are resilient, fault-tolerant and performant, while working with other teams to determine how the features and functionality that you add can make our customers happy.
In order to do that, you'll need to have technical depth; systems thinking; and the ability to work as part of distributed team. This is the ideal role for someone who wants to be part of a cutting-edge cloud development team while improving the lives of people in buildings all over the world.About You
Your Skills and Experience
- First and foremost, you love writing software. Your code is comprehensible, well-structured, highly performant; your best days at work are in front of the computer cranking out code on your own, although you have the experience to know that a winning product requires an entire team.
- You are curious and passionate about knowing why, whether it is why a use case is important for a customer, or why something strange happens one time in a hundred tries.
- You love both learning and teaching. In this role, you will be interfacing with design, front-end, back-end, platforms, analytics, as well as our PM and QA teams; towards that end, you enjoy working across teams to solve hard problems.
- Agile development is second nature. Not only will you be expected to participate in daily scrums, sprint planning, and retros; you'll be expected to help improve our ceremonies.
- You strive for quality, and are obsessed with unit tests, automation, and squashing any bugs that sneak through. But it's more than that: you'll use our product, realize "hey! that's not what I expected!" and figure out how to make it better for everyone.
Bonus Points For
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or other related discipline required
- Deep knowledge of at least one modern programming language (Java and/or Python preferred)
- Expertise in service-oriented architectures; ideally, you've developed APIs for both internal and external-facing services
- You're obsessed with performance, and have experience with instrumentation and monitoring services to ensure the application is behaving as expected
- You have a basic knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- 5+ years of industry experience developing large-scale applications
- Experience with data processing technologies such as Kafka/Kinesis, Spark, Storm
- Experience with Django, or similar server framework, or with Java microservice frameworks like Spring Boot or Quarkus
- Ability to define, design and deliver a distributed automation platform for compute, storage, database, queuing and other infrastructure
- Understanding of web service development
- Knowledge of multi-tier architectures across multiple technology stacks .net, Java, J2EE, web servers, caching, application servers, RDBMS/NoSQL: Postgres, Dynamo DB
- Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant and reliable cloud applications (AWS preferred)
- Experience with Cordova, Android, iOS development
- Experience working with third-party / IoT integrations
- Experience working with platforms for Big Data or Machine Learning solutions
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com