- Join an agile technical team as an Early Career Full Stack Software Engineer to work on multiple exciting and challenging Client IT/data systems projects supporting client's S3VI, FOP, and NEO (see detailed descriptions below) missions, stakeholders, and user communities.
- You will be immersed in the client's agile lifecycle software engineering process to enhance and potentially redesign S3VI, FORS, and NEO suite of public and internal web portal applications, custom-built workflows, data consolidation, integration, search engines, and reporting tools.
- or Permanent Resident.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Bachelor's in computer science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related majors and/or disciplines.
- 0-2 years of experience of related experience will consider relevant academic related software development projects and/or contributions to open source community development projects .
- Comprehensive knowledge of building multi-tiered web applications using Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and the following technology solution stacks: Linux, Apache, MongoDB, PHP (LAMP), MongoDB, ExpressJS, ReactJS, NodeJS (MERN).
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of at least 2 or more of the following web technologies and standards: AJAX, CSS, HTML/XHTML, HTML5, XML, JSON, JQuery, REST (ful) web services, Django Python, Express, ReactJS, NodeJS, Bootstrap.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of at least one of the following databases and search technologies: MongoDB NoSQL document-based database, MySQL database, and Elastic Search
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of enterprise IT/data system design, architecture, and frameworks for scalability, modularity, and flexibility.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of full and tailored agile/iterative software engineering & development lifecycle from initial requirements gathering/scoping to production grade deliverables.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Must be a motivated team player but also able to work independently in a small agile software development team.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Master's in computer science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related majors and/or disciplines.
- Microsoft Visual Studio Development Environments (IDE) and add-on tools.
- Agile software development methodology.
- Source code version control repositories and configuration management, such as Subversion (SVN) and Git.
- Visualization and graphical charting frameworks and packages, such as Highcharts, Telerik/Progress Controls/KendoUI for ASP.net and PHP, CSS Flexible Box Layout (Flexbot).
- Cloud-based infrastructure and technology solution stack and services, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Software testing methodologies, such as black-box and/or white-box for unit testing and its testing frameworks, such as Mocha/Chai, Jasmine, Karma, NodeJS, PHPUnit, etc.
- Use of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) frameworks using Bamboo, Jenkins, etc.
- Virtual Machines (VM) and/or Container technologies (i.e., Oracle VirtualBox, Docker Containers, Kubernetes, etc.).