Full stack staff software engineer
Full time Position
Our Client is seeking a full stack staff software engineer (backend + frontend + cloud) with solid backend experiences in C++, Java, SQL and cloud services as well as experiences in web development.
We are looking for a self-motivated passionate engineer who would like to work in a small development environment with broad responsibilities. As a primary team member, the Senior software engineer will have a rich technical background that shows deep experience and a passion for products that leverage cloud, web, and mixed reality technology.
You must have hands-on experience shipping product grade C++ APIs including optimizations and high reliability as well as experience with cloud platforms and web stack development. As a self-starter, you will work in a highly dynamic environment, and collaborate closely with the software team working on mixed reality applications, machine learning and cloud products. You will support product management activities by providing technical leadership, interfacing with contractors and assessment of potential partners and developers.
- Autonomous and have a mindset of continuous improvement and growth.
- keep user experience a top priority.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++.
- Hands on experience with cloud platforms and web stack development
- Experience deploying and scaling high-traffic services with major cloud providers (AWS, Azur, etc.).
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills with attention to details.
- Comfort with incremental code testing and deployment.
- Ability to lead a team and resolve technical issues with limited guidance.
- 4+ years of experience shipping production-grade applications in C/C++ and backend architecture.
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools.
- Familiarity with Unity.
- Familiarity with mixed reality, AR & VR is a plus
- Familiarity with computer vision / deep learning is a plus
- Education: -BS/BE in CS or equivalent.
- The ideal candidate will have broad experience ranging from low-level systems programming to high-level C++ API and cloud/web portal .
- Very strong programming skills and development experience, with an extensive focus on building product grade C++, high-traffic, secure Cloud infrastructure and web development supporting Mixed reality devices.
- Lead and Collaborate with software team to design and implement secure, highly scalable AR/VR application, cloud services and web portal.
- Build and debug frameworks, tools, and applications
- Track & report on project status
- You will interface closely with various teams include quality assurance and contractors such as our backend and machine learning engineers, and business managers in order to translate requirements and constraints into end-to-end native software.
- Work with the team to identify and implement data-driven improvements to systems and processes
- Provide day-to-day operational support of all critical systems and services.
- Respond to Production outages and service disruptions.
- On-call support for operational issues.
- Clearly communicate with the team the progress, define deliverables, and help set timelines.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software and infrastructure issues.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Test code for robustness and reliability.
- Collaborate with team members (Quality Assurance, Development, Operations) to determine possible solutions for any problems or issues
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced small team environment.
- Nice to Haves Experience with XR: Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality, Virtual Reality