Title: Cisco Enterprise Lead Engineer with Unified communication and SIP
Duration: 6 -12 months+
Location: Raritan, NJ
Mode of interview:- Telephonic/Skype & In-person
Education: 8+ years professional experience with a four year degree.
- 8+ years IT experience with enterprise level technology infrastructure engineering, with a minimum of 5+ years focused on Cisco IPT and Unified Communications solutions, Wireless, LAN/WAN, and critical applications relevant to Voice (IVR, VM, CDR, Call Routing & Dial Plan management).
- In-depth experience with multi-site, global IPT and UC migrations.
- Proven technical, hands-on knowledge with multi-site, global enterprise deployments.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency of Cisco hardware and software platforms, including server and network infrastructure, codecs/signaling protocols. Routing protocols, PSTN management and SIP integration.
- Participation in external advisory boards, vendor customer councils, or industry forums a plus.
- Proven experience delivering large projects in a globally context as well as integrating multiple technologies, end to end.
Other Skills (certifications, etc.)
- Through understanding of telecommunications theory and voice communications.
- CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CCNP, Voice, CCIP preferred.
- Strong understanding of Wireless and LAN/WAN functionality
- Trouble shoot and enabled experience with Cisco IOS, TCP/IP, VLAN implementation, trunking and inter-VLAN routing.
- Ability to translate technology offerings into business solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong collaboration, team-building.
- Strong customer service ethic and focus.
- Self motivation and ability to work independently in a dynamic environment.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Senior level engineering, architecture, and development responsibilities for globally scalable, operationally sustainable IP Telephony (IPT) and Unified Communications (UC) solutions based on the latest Cisco advanced technologies. This position will provide expertise with Video and other forms of Collaboration, and its implications to Voice. Knowledge of Wireless and LAN/WAN based functionality will also be demonstrated as it relates to the overall success of IPT and Collaboration designs.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES (briefly explain the top responsibilities)
Responsibilities % of Time
- 1. Design, engineer, and configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager in centralized and standalone environments. 30%
- 2. Develop scenarios that address various methods of IP Telephony implementations, migrations, and upgrades, and where the Cisco IPT technology can be best leveraged. 10%
- 3. Demonstrate a strong understanding of security requirements in the area of signaling and transport of voice data in an IP network.
- Provide expertise in the areas of Voice and other forms of Collaboration, and its implications to Voice, as well as knowledge of Wireless, LAN/WAN based functionality. 15%
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of critical applications relevant to Voice (Contact Center, IVR, VM, Call Routing, & Dial Plan management), 10%
- Demonstrate strong teaming skills and the ability to work across internal functional teams, business unit IT, and vendor partners. 10%
- Produce integrated solution designs and supporting technical documentation for IPT and Unified Communications converged technologies in a large enterprise environment. 10%
- Conduct lab activities for development, interoperability testing, regression testing, and build/rebuild procedures for new product releases. 5%
Reports to: IT Manager, Network Connectivity Engineering
SPECIAL ACCOUNTABILITY (list anything particularly unique about this position)
- Responsible to adhere to all IT policy and procedures in the application of SDLC and Compliance in the execution of all deliverables.
- Use influencing skills to develop support for ideas and gain support for strategies through informal and formal discussions.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of the strategic plans/initiatives of a function or work process area and leverages this understanding to ensure support engagement success.
- Understands the dynamics of organization cultures and business impact of different solutions. Can assess and communicate the tradeoffs between business needs, technology requirements, costs and risk.
- Understands the business impact of different solutions, and can assess and communicate the tradeoffs between business needs, technology requirements, costs and risk.
- Understands the inter-relationship between different project(s) and other related initiatives.
- Manages multiple engagements simultaneously in execution of services
Cardinal Technology Solutions
Ph: 732-821-7400 Ext-330
US Head Office 1100 Cornwall Rd. Suite 113,
Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852
"Redeem the soul of your enterprise "