Job Title-Full Stack Web Developer
Our direct client is one of the American multinational biotechnology product development company. This Contract role located in Pittsburgh, PA.
This position will work within the DE (Digital Engineering, SPE) group to develop and implement various enterprise initiatives and technical projects related to ecommerce web sites. Candidate will translate business needs into effective technical solutions using JAVA technology. Candidate will be responsible for implementation, maintenance of web applications and services that interact with Product, Content, Search and E-Commerce systems. Candidate should be able to work effectively in a team to design, build web applications and services. This position offers a challenging career to work on systems that interface with multiple systems including Content Management Systems, Product Information Management System, Search Engine technology, Middleware and ERPs.
- Work closely with development team, architect, project manager, business analysts to design, develop, unit test, debug and maintain java based web applications in accordance with functional requirements and scope of work.
- Contribute and confirm to DE adopted software development standards.
- Focus on quality and continuous improvement to application and processes.
- Participate in production deployment and provide assistance to production support group when needed.
- Leading the architecture and implementation of Solr search functionality across search platform on thermofisher.com and fishersci.com
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6+ years of experience in developing web applications using Java based frameworks, such as Spring.
- Experience with Microservices Architecture, AWS Managed Services, and NoSQL databases
- Solid understanding and application knowledge of object oriented programming and design patterns.
- 4+ Years of experience working directly on the Solr Search platform. (Preferred)
- Must possess problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Be performance driven, and be able to work multiple projects simultaneously if needed.
- Be highly motivated to adopt new technologies, challenges and work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent team player with strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Prior work experience with Search technologies such as Endeca, Lucidworks, or Solr.
- Exposure to Agile methodology would be nice to have.
- Experience working with GIT/Stash, JIRA, and Confluence would be nice to have.
Interested in Applying?
We can t wait to see your resume! Please apply below with your most current resume and anything else you d like us to know about you (US work authorization, current location, etc.) Feel free to email Deva () or call 408-715-1210 x 132