We are looking for a creative engineer to re-imagine our existing web interface and help architect a sleek, fast, and modern platform. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of all the latest web technologies, sense of ownership, and the ability to think at a system level.
Candidates must have good communication skills, great problem solving skills, and the ability to work both individually and collaboratively in a team environment.
iDirect Government is a leading ground systems provider to the military satellite industry. They offer platforms connecting a variety of satellite constellations with an array of remote terminals. Terminals are installed on aircraft, maritime vessels, and other ground-based military and government assets. These terminals provide internet and voice capabilities to remote and austere locations.
- Architect and design a new UI for an embedded device and a server
- Provide prototypes/screen shots to customers and product management for approval
- Research modern web frameworks and techniques to stay up to date
- Add functionality and fix bugs to the existing Angular/REST UI
- Advise on best practices, new techniques, software quality and process improvement
- Strong expertise with Web Services and RESTful Applications
- Expertise with NodeJS
- Expertise with Websockets
- Familiarity with HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity with system level issues such as scaling, security, and responsiveness
- Understanding of SQL and database access
- Familiarity with Response Design Frameworks such as Bootstrap
- C++, Java, or other Object Oriented Programming Language
- Proficiency with Linux
- Familiarity with developing web interfaces for embedded devices a plus
Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science, Software, Systems, Electrical Engineering or other technical field. A graduate degree a plus.
Clearance: Active secret clearance or ability to obtain a secret level clearance.
iDirect Government is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status.