More About The Role:
- Analyze the government solicitation, identify all requirements and criteria for evaluation, and conducts proposal development research.
- Develops & maintains a response schedule; prepares, leads/conducts/participates in meetings and reviews at all stages in the proposal (kick-off, planning and working sessions, team status calls, color team reviews, and lessons learned sessions).
- Develops win themes, best value proposition, and discriminators. Maintain focus on the win strategy throughout the proposal process and infuse that strategy and its resultant tactics effectively throughout the entire proposal.
- Respond rapidly to RFP amendments and implement required changes to proposal.
- Identify roles and responsibilities to the detail level; communicates data calls, tasks, and objectives clearly and unambiguously and ensures accountability on all requirements.
- Proven experience guiding the proposal team, dispersing information and overseeing the production of all the parts of the proposal, making sure all the aesthetics and written content is on point.
- Provides final quality control check, including proofreading for grammar, request for proposal (RFP) compliance and conformance to established strategies and plans.
- Verifies complex technical solutions, strategies and themes are easily understandable, readable and compelling.
- Comfortable with reviewing the work of the proposal team and returning the artifacts back with directions for any revisions, making sure everything is up to the standard before presenting it to clients.
- Develop, format, organize, and assemble proposal deliverables including the proposal volumes, CDs, cover letters, and other attachments in a timely manner.
- Prepare status reports and briefings for management.
- Define, document, implement, and support continual proposal process improvement.
- Engages management, technical leadership and staff in understanding and implementing capture management and proposal development best practices; provides on the job and just in time training accordingly to line staff, proposal writers and reviewers as needed.
- Act as a liaison with the Contracts department if support in negotiating contracts is needed.
- Establish short and long-term proposal objectives consistent with organizational strategy.
- Participates in strategic planning that includes evaluating marketing intelligence, identifying customer concerns, and key issues, and developing win strategies.
- Attends industry functions, to generate new leads.
- Assists in the development of other marketing tools such as brochures, company website, etc.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in related field (business, marketing, engineering, etc.) preferred, other degrees such as Communication, Journalism, and English are acceptable.
- 5+ years of related proposal preparation of which, at least 3 years experience in a government contracting environment
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and Adobe Creative Suite including In Design (Photoshop and Illustrator a plus).
- Strong understanding of marketing principles within the IT Industry.
- Strong experience with designing marketing material is preferred.
- Experience with Drop Box, Sharepoint, Govwin, Jira, Confluence preferred.
- Previous experience with the creation, maintenance, and development of marketing and proposal databases is desired.
- Experience and ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks and possess strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to independently manage a challenging workload when faced with unexpected changes in priorities and deadlines.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Ability to understand complex technical solutions and communicate with highly technical staff
- Flexible, able to work as an individual or on a team and have flexibility to work non-traditional hours when necessary in an often stressful, deadline-oriented environment
- Experience with DoD/Military health is a plus.