Job Title: Operational Research and Optimization
Location: Denver, CO
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent Hire
Operations Research position will work with a team of talented analysts to identify issues, formulate optimization/simulations models and advise decision-makers about the impacts of courses of action.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Building models; Mixed Integer Programming, Network Optimization, Discrete Optimization.
- Developing software solutions for real-world optimization problems.
- Integrates simulation models and decision support systems to optimize complex airline scenarios and systems.
- Develops data collection systems and strategies to obtain quality data.
- Implementation of software architecture by software programming using optimization techniques such as column generation, branch and price, brand & bound, mixed integer linear programming & mathematical programming tools such as C# .NET, Gurobi, CPLEX.
- Build models for Predictive Analysis using traditional methods, Regression, Forecasting, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning techniques.
- Software programming to ensure interaction within existing ERP database, business logic, presentation tier and various optimization solvers.
- Leading and mentoring of other analysts and engineers.
- Adhering to documentation control standards and processes maintaining high standards of quality will be a key requirement.
- Continued R&D on latest development in Operation Research in Transportation Industry to ensure code fidelity and continuous improvement.
- Collaborates with other teams to design database, UI, algorithm and engine.
- Measures, controls, maintains, tests and improves the quality of model/software development.
- Prepares functional specification and project report documents.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph. D./Engineering/ Masters/ Bachelors in OR/ Applied OR/ Industrial Engineering, Applied Math from recognized academic institutions.
- Strong academic performance desirable.
- 3+ years on optimization techniques like large scale LP optimization, MIP theory and Column generation algorithm.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience; building and solving.
- Sense of Urgency
- Problem Solving
- Strong Self Initiative
- Professionalism and Independence
- Software Programming & data manipulation skills using a variety of tools and platforms like CPLEX, C# .NET, Amazon Web services, Microsoft Azure.
- Experience or exposure to Transportation Industry.
- Microsoft Office Suite or related software