The Allstate Corporation is the largest publicly held personal lines property and casualty insurer in America. Allstate was founded in 1931 and became a publicly traded company in 1993. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the trading symbol ALL. Allstate is widely known through the "You're In Good Hands With Allstate " slogan. As of year-end 2013, Allstate had $123.5 billion in total assets. In 2014 Allstate was number 92 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies in America.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. We ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Application Developer Senior Consultant II serves as a member of a product team. They practice and are the champions of the agile methodology and adhere to a product mindset within each product team.
The Application Developer Senior Consultant II implements applications following 12-factor principles to build out the product and iterative enhancements. He/she owns the full stack of software products, developing and implementing frontends (web or mobile), and backend services. He/she leverages test driven development and continuous integration to ensure agility and quality of products. He/she actively participates in the decision-making process of the team ensuring that the simplest appropriate technology and design is chosen to meet user needs.
* Design and implement a centralized Unstructured data management ecosystem to collect, analyze, store, protect and govern Unstructured data for the enterprise.
* Identify and utilize new and emerging technologies to define comprehensive, sustainable, extensible solutions to meet defined business needs, including cloud or on-premises solutions
* Participates in iteration planning meetings ensuring that the team has a common understanding of each story and chores in a team s backlog
* Leads and participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
* Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product
* Participates in executing the strategy by developing a Product, keeping the customer needs and wants in mind
* Serves as an expert on a specific business domain and demonstrates leadership and accountability on at least one technology stack
* Provides input into the architecture and design of the product; collaborating with the team in solving problems the right way
* Practices test driven development in writing software and building product
* Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
* Partners with other internal teams and peers in the department to ensure holistic solutions that meet the needs of various stakeholders.
* Supports Innovation; regularly provides new ideas to help people, process, and technology that interact with data ecosystem.
* Develop and builds frameworks/prototypes that integrate Unstructured data and advanced analytics to make better business decisions.
* Supports a clear communication strategy that keeps all relevant stakeholders informed and provides an opportunity to influence the direction of the work
* Provides support for software products in user environments
* Coaches more junior team members around different technologies and software development practices
* Participates in knowledge sharing, and contributes to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the Product team.
* A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
* 3+ years of developing and implementing systems at scale
* Strong understanding of computer science concepts, object oriented design principles
* Basic understanding of distributed systems, operating systems, networking, databases, security, and analytics
* Experience in backend development design and implementation; database (relational, NoSQL, caching), messaging and big data development, implementation and optimization
* Actual experience developing continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines for distributed apps
* Knowledge and experience on approaches and tools for automated testing and monitoring
* Experience in Test Driven Development; including knowledge and experience in testing frameworks like junit, mockito, jasmine, protractor, cucumber, and other like technologies
* Able to learn new technologies, and teach other members of the team/s
* Experience managing Unstructured data
* Experience with Bigdata technologies such as Spark, Streaming, Kafka, Object stores
* Experience/Knowledge of building applications using Public/Private cloud infrastructure
* Automation, Configuration Management (e.g. Ansible, Puppet), Dev-ops practices
* Linux Containers / Docker / Kubernetes.
* Experience with various data types (e.g. Unstructured, Hierarchical, Relational, Linked Graph Data)
NOTE: this position can be based out of Charlotte NC or Irving TX
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands .
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but that s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.