Job#: 1254790 Job Description: Job Title:
Fullstack Java Developer Location:
PROJECT: ECG is a managed file transfer platform. In the coming months we will be creating products from scratch and this opportunity is a contract to hire role within the teams responsible for creating the new products.
IDEAL BACKGROUND: We need highly skilled, experienced Java developers who can work within agile teams.
TOP REQUIREMENTS: Java development experience and knowledge is key. The first few bullets in the required qualifications are the most important:
- Understanding of fundamental software engineering and computer science principles: object-oriented design, structured design, databases, algorithms, data structures, usability, debugging, and configuration management
-Experience in Java 8 / J2EE, Strong in Java Concurrency, IO and Collections, JPA Framework, database query, HTTP & REST API design / SOAP Web Services
- Experience in building applications on Spring Framework or related web frameworks
- Experience in Multi-threading, Spring Boot and Micro-service Architecture
*** What experience will set candidates apart from one another? Java skills and ability to work well within agile teams.
*** Cannot provide sponsorship upon conversion.
TEAM STRUCTURE: Agile scrum teams consisting of 6-10 people per team.
a. How many rounds? 1-2
b. Video vs. phone? Will require candidate to be on video
c. How technical will the interviews be? Very technical
• Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project ; full stack developer with expertise in Java / Perl / Python / Angular / Spring technologies
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
• Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
• Establish and control code quality standards, development best practices, defect-free code delivery for the teams
• Review technical specifications and design documents
• Understanding of fundamental software engineering and computer science principles: object-oriented design, structured design, databases, algorithms, data structures, usability, debugging, and configuration management
• Experience in Java 8 / J2EE, Strong in Java Concurrency, IO and Collections, JPA Framework, database query, HTTP & REST API design / SOAP Web Services
• Experience in building applications on Spring Framework or related web frameworks
• Experience in Multi-threading, Spring Boot and Micro-service Architecture
• JMS messaging using any one platform MQ/RabbitMQ/Kafka streaming
• Expertise with JUnit, TestNG, or any other test framework. JUnit test cases and knowledge on DevOps toolchain
• Experience in working CI/CD/CT environment with unit test automation, pipeline based code deployments etc.
• Good understanding of Development processes and tools - Sonar, Jenkins, GitHub, TDD
Bachelor's / Advanced degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience
Managed File Transfer (MFT) domain knowledge
Strong technical and platform knowledge, including some or all of: Java Core, Perl, python, Open source related technologies
Experience in any observability frameworks such as Splunk/Graffana/Kibana etc.
Experience in event streaming/message queuing with proficiency in RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ/Kafka etc.
Experience in working any NoSQL databases such as Cassandra/Redis/Aerospike etc.
Experience in container orchestration and proficiency with Docker, Kubernetes
Experience in working on Unix/Linux and any one scripting language.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at