Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
We are looking for an experienced Functional Analyst to join our dynamic team in Santa Ana, CA! As a Senior Functional Analyst, you will gather and document business system requirements. You will develop functional specifications and design solutions as per application capability, act as a liaison between the ServiceFirst (ServiceNow) Development team and the Business users. Performs Fit/Gap Analysis and configure application software to deliver new or modified functionality. Our Functional Analyst documents test plans and supports user acceptance testing & recommends application functionality and features that could be implemented. You will create and manage service requests with application vendors to resolve application issues or functionality. *Remote candidates encouraged to apply! Essential Functions
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Requirements Gathering - Conducts meetings to determine business needs and documents them.
- Conducts Feasibility study of the requirements
- Research ERP/packaged application functionality and features that could be implemented to meet business requirements.
- Performs Fit/Gap Analysis
- Configure application software to deliver new or modified functionality.
- Develop functional specifications and design solutions based on application module capabilities.
- Performs application support functions such as incident triage, research application bugs, respond to customer escalations, and other activities that lead to issue resolution
- Collaborates with technical team in the process of developing application extension solutions or resolving application issues.
- Acts as a liaison between the Enterprise Application Services team and the Business users.
- Prepare test plans and execute, conduct and support user testing.
- Assists in issue resolution of complex production issues as needed.
- Create and manage service requests with application vendors to resolve application issues or functionality.
- Plans and/or monitors all the tasks and/or phases involved in successful delivery of application solution.
- Shares application and functional knowledge with other functional analysts as needed.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good organization skills and interpersonal skills.
- Requires problem solving and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, respond quickly to emergent problems, and focus both on long-range projects and immediate tasks required to maintain system functionality.
- Experience working on projects involving multiple application modules and integration with other systems.
- Working knowledge of ERP/Packaged application functionality and features.
- Has background that combines functional expertise and business management skills with an understanding of information technology.
- Familiarity creating process documentation, training procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Standard Microsoft Office skill set.
Typical Range of Experience
- Generally requires Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
License or Certification
- Typically 2-5 years of directly related experience
- E xperience or background with Information Security processes (Vulnerability Response, Governance, Risk, and Compliance) is a plus.
- Business Analysis Certification such as CBAP or CCBA preferred
- Experience with ServiceNow and/or ITIL is a plus
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.