Description Job Description:
Leidos' Government Health & Safety Solutions group is looking for a Functional Analyst to support Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals (OMHA) to maintain, enhance and stabilize their Level 3 Medicare - Electronic Case Adjudication and Processing Environment (ECAPE) in Chantilly, VA.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Functional Analyst is a customer-centric role to analyze and measure effectiveness of existing business processes and developing sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements. This position requires leadership, business and technical competencies and the ability to apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support the development process.
Specific roles and responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Serve as liaison between OMHA stakeholders and Leidos Team
- Supports gathering of requirements from OMHA stakeholders. Translates, simplifies and analyzes the feasibility of requirements to promote business process and solution design efficiency
- Identify and research best business practices within the organization, collecting and analyzing process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on increased productivity, and reduced cost.
- Responsible for entire projects or processes spanning multiple professional areas.
- Develops process flows reflecting business processes
- Coaching, reviewing and delegating work
- Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and customer team members. May communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.).
- Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Plays a key role in UAT testing.
- BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities as well as attention to detail
- Must possess strong interpersonal and information gathering skills and the ability to relate well to others at all levels throughout the organization
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and successfully manage competing/changing priorities
- HHS EPLC lifecycle experience and documentation
- Requires ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
- Medicare Appeals Subject Matter Expertise.
Additional Skills (Desired):
External Referral Bonus:
- Entellitrak administration knowledge and experience will be plus.
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.