FX Trading Support Analyst
- Stamford, CT
The analyst will provide technical analysis and develop solutions for a set of applications in production.
- Design and pursue automated solution / support tools for repetitive manual effort
- Embrace best practice within the department and share this across technology where possible
- Learn the application and the associated business functionality
- Build and maintain the run books for key activities such as DR, Changes etc.
- Actively own and maintain support documentation
- Work collaboratively with other teams across geographies keeping the business priorities in mind
- Achieve a more productive support environment by actively seeking improvement avenues
- Provide support during new releases into the production environment
- Implement emergency changes with necessary assistance from developers and other IT teams
- Develop strong relationship with the development and infrastructure support teams to resolve production issues in a timely manner
- Ensure availability of applications as per agreed Service Level Expectations or requirements by monitoring applications, related jobs and resolving issues
- Provide a timely and effective response to user queries by analyzing, investigating and fixing them as required
- Ensure proper stakeholder communication and escalation as required
- Perform ‘root cause’ analysis of user issues, provide immediate workaround for critical problems
- Working in shifts and weekends.
- Good knowledge of the Markets and Banking business and FX products traded.
- Experience of working in a dynamic environment often with shifting priorities
- Front to back awareness of processes within an investment bank (from sales to back office)
- Experience of performing a similar role in a leading global Investment bank
- Experience in FX trading platforms
- Experience in Front Office platforms
- Good general awareness of Information Security policies and Technology Risk Management from an enterprise / banking systems context
- Desirable: Experience with FX products, MS office, Scripting
- Unix, Sybase, Oracle, FIX Protocol, Experience with FX Trading Platforms, KDB, Geneos, Splunk, Autosys