Job ID: 2207531 Location:
COLORADO SPRINGS , CO , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
SecretPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is seeking a Global Broadcast Service (GBS) Systems Engineer to join a dynamic engaging team that brings out the best of your technical skills while defending American warfighters. Our highly trained technical team supports the MILSATCOM Systems Engineering Integration and Test (MSEIT) contract in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Responsibilities include
Qualifications Required Skills/Experience
- Support the MILSATCOM Sustainment Global Broadcast Service (GBS) Program Office with the system engineering development and testing for the new GBS TRANSEC modem, and provide continued system integration engineering and testing through operational testing and trial period.
- Provide a reliable GBS subject matter expert to support the GBS Program Office in identifying GBS sustainment issues and solutions pertaining to equipment obsolescence or changing operational environments.
- Support the GBS Program Manager (PM) with program reporting, internal/external meeting support, authoring and updating technical program documentation, requirements management, system architecture and integration, and test and evaluation.
- Integration of new hardware/software, systems engineering, communications troubleshooting, evaluating/assessing system modifications for shortfalls or interoperability issues and provide technical assessments with regards to modifications prior to fielding.
- Leads technical discussions - systems engineering, systems architecture, data transmission, troubleshooting, test and evaluation, logistics, fielding transition, cybersecurity working groups, etc
- Support cross-program meetings - e.g. Wideband Working Group, DISA Teleport/Gateway meetings, DoD Information Network meetings, etc
- Support, draft, and/or maintain key technical products/documents - system engineering plan, cybersecurity strategy, authority to operate package, plan of action and milestones
- Support development of requirement documents - system requirements document (SRD), technical requirements document (TRD), operation requirements document (ORD), concept of operations (CONOPS), etc
- Provide engineering analysis related to system architecture changes due to current/future policy, industry standards, obsolescence, interface changes, AF 1067's performance improvements and system modification, etc
- Support and provide demonstrations related to internal GBS products or external interfaces
- Support technical aspects of the receive suite (transportable and portable) production and sustainment
- Support, coordinate, manage and provide test engineering expertise to DT/IT/OT - review test plans, test procedures, test data analysis, deficiency reports, etc
- Travel: approximately 15%
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science, or equivalent technical discipline and minimum of 5 years of experience with DoD/USAF systems engineering and MILSATCOM equipment
- Knowledge of DoD mission system sustainment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Must have an active Secret Clearance. US Citizenship required.
- Specific experience operating or maintaining GBS Receive Suites, related infrastructure and/or support equipment
- Radio frequency engineering or network engineering experience
- Systems engineering certifications, such as CSEP, ESEP, OCSMP
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.