SAIC has a position open for a GCCS Engineer (tier 2) located at MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL. This position requires occasional shift work. The GCCS Engineer will perform system administration tasks for the Global Command and Control System Joint (GCCS-J) at the Headquarters U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) in Tampa, Florida and at forward operating locations. The GCCS Engineer will provide GCCS/Agile Client//JRE/CDS technical support to install, monitor, maintain, upgrade, analyze, troubleshoot, repair and restore computer and information systems to an operational status,to include servers Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Windows Server platforms. The GCCS Engineer will evaluate hardware and software requirements and capabilities, develop and implement testing plans, and create engineering solutions for systems integration. Assist in the preparation and review of standard operating procedures. Prepare project status reports and briefings for contract and customer leadership. Provide remote administration to clients within the ENTCOM GCCS footprint. Able to respond to Automated Help Desk Remedy tickets and document the actions taken to resolve the problems identified and return the user's system back to the service standards. The GCCS Engineer needs to possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Shift work and on-call duty may be required. Requires 15% travel and may include deployment to austere environments. A valid U.S. passport and compliance with all CENTCOM deployment regulations for immunization and travel are required. Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred with 5+ years' experience; OR, High School equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
- Active Secret clearance is required. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Security + CE
- Strong server experience required
- Strong Linux experience required
- VMware experience
- Skills associated with installation, maintenance and operations of GCCS servers, ICSF clients, Agile Client and I3 with emphasis on communications configuration, track data flow and synchronization of the COP.
- Operational experience working with the GCCS or any of its service variants (GCCS-M, GCCS-A, GCCS-AF, IAS/IOS (Internet Authentication System / Internetwork Operating System), and/or Theater Battle Management Core System (TBMCS)
- Sybase database administration experience.
- On-the-job experience with the administration of GCCS-J or service-specific systems.
- Experience in military Joint Headquarters environments is essential.
- Effective technical writing skills are essential.
- Red Hat Certified System Administration (RHCSA)
- Technical Certification in Systems Administration fCS-J
My SAIC Benefits.