Are you ready for an exciting new career working at NASA? Come work side by side with top developers and scientists developing Earth / Atmospheric Science data analysis and visualization tools. The tools you will help develop will be used by data analysts and researchers around the globe as well as benefit educational organizations.
NASA, the pinnacle of human achievement wants you to join this team. We at ADNET Systems are proud to be a member of this unique team, and now, so can you. Come join ADNET Systems.
ADNET Systems Inc is looking for an enthusiastic DevOps Engineer / Cloud Developer to supporting work at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Earth and Data Information Services Center (GES DISC). The responsibilities for this project requires full stack engineering with team members performing multiple roles.
The DevOps Engineer / Cloud Developer will work with a team of experts in Earth Science data informatics and Software Engineers to support a NASA Earth Science Data Center (https://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov) located in Greenbelt, MD. The ADNET team is involved in supporting the archiving and distribution of Earth Science data from NASA Earth Science missions, development of online discovery and analysis applications (https://giovanni.gsfc.nasa.gov). . The DevOps Engineer / Cloud Developer will have technical development responsibilities and help with planning, coordination and delivery of applications based on infrastructure-as-code concepts. The ideal DevOps Engineer / Cloud Developer must have experience and expertise with container-based architectures (Docker, Kubernetes).
NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center nestled in the Maryland suburbs of Greenbelt is just 30 minutes from the heartbeat of America - Washington, D.C. Now you can have it all, the nightlife, museums, great food and theatre. Work in a place that pushes the envelope of science every day, yet spy a deer or a Canadian goose as you stroll the grounds of Goddard during lunch.
Come, reach for the stars with NASA.Responsibilities:
- Working with Product Owners to plan sprints
- Deploying and validating production releases
- Ensuring availability of the production system
- Migrating current data services to AWS
- Communication with stakeholders on releases and system status
***This job is with NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center's SESDA 4 contract and therefore requires a Greencard****
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing code, implementation and adopting to cloud strategy
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services: AWS Step, ECS/Fargate
- Solid understanding and experience with configuration management and source code management. Experience with Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Confluence and Git/BitBucket preferred
- Experience with automated testing, continuous integration and deployment
- Solid understanding of Linux systems
- Passionate about the concept of infrastructure as code and leverages modern tools to define, build and manage containerized infrastructure
- Good understanding of core principles of Scrum in letter and spirit
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ADNET is an employee-centric company, committed to providing premier benefits that support our employees and their families. With affordable medical and dental plans coupled with leading disability and life insurance options, ADNET offers our employees the benefits most sought after by today's professional. Furthermore, our benefits package features the extras that distinguish us from other small businesses, ensuring our high employee retention that our customers appreciate. Some features of our compensation plans and perks include:
- Annual Leave/Sick Leave
- Military and Family Emergency Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Performance Bonuses
- Medical and Dental Plans
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- 401K Plan with Company Matching and Immediate Vesting
- Tuition Reimbursement
- In-house Seminars/Workshops/Classes
- Management Retreats/Seminars
- Swag bags
- Casual Atmosphere
- Work from home
- Flexible schedules
Salary: $90k yearly