GD134 Project Lead/Coordinator for Scientific Applications
NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center nestled in the Maryland suburbs of Greenbelt is just 30 minutes from the heartbeat of America - Washington, D.C. Now you can have it all, the nightlife, museums, great food and theater. Work in a place that pushes the envelope of science every day, yet spy a deer or a Canadian goose as you stroll the grounds of Goddard during lunch.
We are seeking a versatile Scientific Software Developer with responsibilities to oversee the high level software release and coordination/management for multiple concurrent tasks in support of NASA's GES-DISC Data Center (http://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov/). The GES DISC is a significant component of the NASA's Earth Science data observation program. The tasks are varied around agile developed products in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and span across functional organizations. The candidate is expected to have experience as part of an integrated product/project development with a role in high level setting of goals and project milestones and monitoring the various project team performance against the agile development cycle schedules in a SAFe environment, coordinating Planning Increment cycles and managing a "scrum of scrums", overseeing risks and dependencies for the SAFe train, manage execution in the train, helping to remove project impediments, monitor team's and programs' flow to find areas for improvement, assist with the refinement of project backlogs with the various GES DISC Product Owners or customers. Technical oversight of individual projects is performed by SAFe train leadership within the specific project but requires coordination and support with you as the Release Train Engineer lead.
This Project Lead position requires a motivated and capable individual with ability to see and help set big picture project goals with experience in software development in a teams environment and through hands on participation in ongoing efforts that provide end-to-end support for software applications and services.
• At least 2-3 years as Integrated Product Lead type experience with various teams to include experience with developing requirements, design specs, work with supply chain support, schedule and resource estimation, project engineering support, interfacing with external organizations for dependencies, deployment support and customer feedback
• Experience leading and coordinating applications based development projects preferably for science goals
• Interest in developing and defining organizational processes and means or methods to optimize team software development efficiency
• Scaled Agile Framework certification or at least two years SAFe experience. At least one year SAFe train leadership experience as Release Train Engineer
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related physical sciences, engineering/IT disciplines or project management degree with software development or technical project management as a component of overall experience
US Citizenship or Permanent Residency Required
• Some experience working with scientific data productions, or design and development of services related to scientific data preferably earth or environmental data or with facilitating a software development environment to meet federal agency like NASA or similar mission objectives
• Experience managing teams resulting in efficient processes and demonstrated ability to coordinate delivery of end items on or ahead of schedule
• Min 1 years related experience; scientific programming experience and skill with use of languages such as (Python, IDL, C/C++, Fortran) data formats HDF/HDF-EOS, H DF5, netCDF4, GRIB, and metadata
• Excellent inter-personal and verbal/written communications skills
• Motivated individual with a keen sense for problem solving and ability to work with little supervision or as part of a team
• Experience visualizing scientific data or presentation of data for scientific purposes
Team ADNET brings over 30 years of experience to information systems and professional services for the federal government. With a history of expertise in software development, computer network design, IT security, mission operations support, and educational outreach, Team ADNET is deeply embedded in the Space and Earth Science at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD.
ADNET Systems, Inc. is working with Goddard Space Flight Center to fulfill NASA's vision for space exploration, and working with the Science and Exploration Directorate to fulfill its many missions.
ADNET Systems, Inc. is an employee-centric company, committed to providing premier benefits that support our employees and their families. With affordable medical and dental plans coupled with leading disability and life insurance options, ADNET offers our employees the benefits most sought after by today's professional candidate. Furthermore, our benefits package features the extras that distinguish us from other small businesses, ensuring our high employee retention that our customers appreciate. Some features of our compensation plans and environment perks include:
• Annual Leave/Sick Leave
• Military and Family Emergency Leave
• Paid Holidays
• Performance Bonuses
• Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
• Direct Deposit Payroll
• 401K Plan with Company Matching and Immediate Vesting
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Swag bags