SAIC is seeking a Chief Architect
with a s trong GEOINT ground systems engineering background
and significant space and ground domain knowledge to support the Landmark GSS contract in Chantilly, VA.
This team is in the process of transitioning from a traditional "systems-of-systems" SE Process to a SAFe Agile-based approach for the enterprise. As such, this position requires an understanding of the intelligence community and customer domain, along with a strong focus on core systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission and services closure.
In this role, you will support ground chief architecture initiatives for future systems through various system readiness events and independent review teams. Job duties include:
- Coordinate and support ground requirements, CONOPS, and architectures in the remote sensing domain
- Support enterprise and system-level requirements for future systems
- Oversee the allocation and closure of acquisition-level requirements with developers
- Provide independent verification/validation/test in support of delivered system capabilities and mission closure
- Participate in readiness events in support of enterprise, system and acquisition-level ground milestones
- Lead and support project planning, as well as assess schedule and risk
- Interact daily with the customer and supporting contractors, following customer standards and processes as the program matures through the life cycle.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
- BS in engineering, physics or related technical degree with 12+ years' experience with space/ground aerospace systems engineering
- Integration and closure experience within overall customer domain, plus Tech Insertion experience
- Detailed knowledge of GEOINT remote sensing systems and overall space and ground architecture
- Experience with SAFe Agile at an enterprise (multi-contract) level
- Expertise in mission technical capabilities and system performance analysis and assessment
- Experience with Mission Processing or Mission Control functions in support of space and ground architecture
- Experience identifying user & enterprise needs/requirements and gap identification, analysis and assessment
- Experience in supporting Requirements Engineering, CONOPS development, and system integration to accommodate the end-to-end GEOINT Systems Engineering
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority
- Ability to work for specific IC customer and familiarity with that customer's processes and organization
- Technical familiarity with mission processing or mission control of one or more GEOINT systems, including sensor knowledge
My SAIC Benefits.