DatamanUSA has an exciting opportunity for a talented GIS Analyst to work with one of our direct clients in Columbia, SC. We love referrals! Please refer us to your friends, family, and colleagues for this opportunity. DatamanUSA gives referral bonuses if they get selected and perform well for our clients.
Title: GIS Analyst
Duration: 12+ months (with possible extension)
Location: Columbia, SC
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
- Performs complex analysis, design, testing, documentation, and implementation of GIS applications and upgrades.
- Develop and maintain python scripts supporting GIS interoperability capabilities.
- Ability to manipulate spatial data, imagery, LiDAR, and other common GIS formats.
- Develop and maintain spatial queries.
- Assist with supporting ArcSDE spatial data layers.
- Perform spatial analysis utilizing Spatial Analyst, Insights, 3D Analyst, Network, and Business Analyst.
- Create complex cartographic products.
- Develop and maintain GIS rest services.
- Support applications in ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Portal.
- Work with Information Technology staff to learn system technical functionality and IT Security Standards and practices.
- Provide system user support.
- Assist staff in resolving system-related problems.
- Assist with System user account permissions and security.
- Create and maintain supporting system and training documentation.
- Monitor and Identify system data quality issues and work to improve data accuracy.
- Coordinate and assist with system testing and production validation.
- Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- ArcGIS, ArcGIS Portal and ArcGIS online.
- Python, Arcade.
- SQL Server.
- Web services (Rest, SOAP, WSDL).
- ESRI ArcSDE.
- GIS mapping.
- Knowledge of Information Technology Field, best practices, organization, and operations.
- Experience with security and data classification related to CDC, HIPAA, and CJIS.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience using Microsoft's Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Experience with ArcGIS Pro preferred.
- ArcGIS Notebooks.
- TICKETING SYSTEM.
- EXPERIENCE WITH INDUSTRY STANDARD INFORMATION SECURITY PRACTICES
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.