Division/Department: GPI (IT)
Locations: Alpharetta, GA
Job Title: GPI Manager, Organizational Change Management
Reports to: Senior Director, GPI Strategy, Project & Portfolio Mgmt Office & Compliance
Type of position:
The GPI organizational change manager will play a key role in ensuring GPI projects (change initiatives) meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing BU NA employee adoption and usage. This person will focus on the people side of change, including working closely with BRMs for the changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing GPI change management strategies and plans that maximize BU NA employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance. The GPI organizational change manager will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization of and proficiency with the changes that impact BU NA employees. The GPI organizational change manager will also support GPI project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Apply an organizational change management process and tools to create a GPI strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a GPI project or initiative
- Manage the design, development, delivery and management of GPI communications
- Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders
- Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs
- Complete change management assessments
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Consult and coach project teams
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan
- Support and engage GPI leaders
- Coach GPI managers and supervisors
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate efforts with other organizational change specialists
- Integrate change management activities into project plan
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Manage GPI internal & BU external stakeholders
- Track and report issues
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Work with BU NA Marketing to integrate processes and organizational role
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven strong leadership, motivational and interpersonal skill
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 10+ years of experience in project/program and change management roles
- Change management certification or designation (Prosci (preferred), APMG or CMI)
- Certifications in Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt, desired
Bachelor s degree in Psychology, Human Resources, Technology or relevant Management and/or Business Management related field required. MBA desired
Physical Demands: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands of this position require sitting approximately 60% of the time.
- Requires walking/standing 25% of the time.
- Requires manual dexterity use of hands, arms, and feet for repetitive lifting as well as use of required equipment and computer.
- Requires audible/visual abilities.
- Requires stooping forward, bending and crouching approximately 5% of the time.
The work environments are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions within established office environment. Position requires 10% travel based on project work.