Overlook the ocean and work out on the beach at lunch. Join this fast growing game development studio in picturesque Boca Raton, Florida while developing industry leading games.
JOB DESCRIPTION: SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Reports to Product Team Lead.
- Develop code for browser-based HTML5 online casino gaming applications.
- Design game engine extensions and custom user interface code to accommodate new features and functionality.
- Work with game design to implement visual and audio assets, set up complex animation systems and tune game event timing.
- Implement and verify functionality of underlying math framework; ensure regulatory compliance for all behaviors and game states.
- Ensure solid device-independent stability with consistent behaviors across all platforms and layouts.
- Contribute to common code libraries, perform code reviews and participate in establishing functional requirements for new engine features and components.
In addition, a Senior Software Engineer must:
- Participate actively with all members of the product development team to develop game designs into published online content.
- Demonstrate exceptional ability to adopt new tools, techniques and procedures in a challenging and rapidly-evolving business sector.
- Work within and around application limitations to develop compelling and polished game content. Contribute to technical and creative problem-solving sessions.
- Accurately estimate the time required to complete tasks, manage time effectively and meet all project deadlines while delivering consistently high-quality, error-free code that adheres to defined coding standards.
- Proactively maintain communication with off-site partners and contribute ideas organization-wide for improving processes and developing tools, engine/game features, and shared library codebases. Work with QA, design and automation team members to ensure functional requirements are met and fully tested.
- Possess strong self-management skills. Ability to own and see through tasks to polished completion without extensive oversight. Show initiative in taking on new tasks and projects and in managing communications with stakeholders.
- Degree or Diploma in Software Development.
- 6+ years professional experience in software development with multiple shipped titles / projects. Video or casino gaming experience highly desired.
- Effective technical leader with ability to assist with project scheduling.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Excellent working knowledge in use of development frameworks, libraries and agile methodologies.
- Proficiency Unit Testing and Automation a plus.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and ability to document technical requirements.
Note that all applicants are required to pass an engineering assessment test as part of the interview process.
This three studio software engineering company is quickly becoming known as a leading creative developer of online mobile casino games. With no legacy or corporate entity to serve, this company is embracing leading technologies to deliver new and innovative experiences. Their customers are shifting work from other studios to them as their games are achieving faster market penetration, higher user satisfaction and superior quality. They recruit for attitude and aptitude. They believe the right people will employ their passion for gaming to create great product with minimal supervision/overhead which is the inspiration behind their small distributed studio approach to growth. You owe it to yourself to see this amazing alternative to corporate and indie game development.