Academy of Art University's School of Game Development is currently hiring Part-Time Instructors to teach a variety of Game Programming classes. As a Part-Time Game Programming Instructor, you will:
- Teach up to 18 hours in onsite or online classes per week relating to game programming
- Grade weekly assignments, mid-terms, finals and projects
- Submit progress and final grades for the term
- Maintain office hours and meet with students
- Mentor Graduate and Undergraduate Game Programmers
- Make recommendations to existing classes as noted during the semester
- Provide prompt feedback to students in a professional manor
- At least 5 years of professional C/C++ programming experience.
- At least one shipped title in the games industry.
- Strong knowledge of game programming techniques.
- Mastery of game architecture and common design patterns.
- Expertise in common data structures and algorithms used in games.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience teaching or mentoring.
- Experience with Unity and/or Unreal.
- Experience in C#, Lua, and other programming languages.
- Specialty in graphics or network programming.
- Experience with assembly language and low-level programming (CPU cache, memory alignment, ec.)
- Specialty of some kind (networking, UI, etc.)
This position is located in San Francisco at 180 New Montgomery Street. If interested, please send your resume to: GameDev@academyart.edu.