Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Game and Simulation Developer to work on multi-disciplinary teams in an environment that encourages the support of the academic research community while focusing on problems of interest to LLNL and Department of Energy (DOE) programs. You will contribute to data visualization and simulations to inform and visualize public and emergency response strategies in support of national security missions. This position is in the Global Security Computing Applications Division (GS-CAD) within the Computing Directorate, matrixed to Global Security's N Program.
- Develop and maintain agent-based interactive simulations for training and visualization.
- Model and animate 3D assets, code interactive logic, and interactive applications for desktop, web, and mobile deployment.
- Develop and maintain interactive training tools using electronic components (Arduino, Raspberry PI), mobile devices (phones, tablets) and the latest immersive hardware (virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) HMDs) for enhanced training applications.
- Collaborate with a small, multi-disciplinary team while using independent judgement to rapidly respond to operational requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience, with an emphasis on computer animation, visual effects, game development or other forms of visual communication.
- Broad experience with the Unity Real-Time Development Platform and C# development, for use in an interactive simulation framework.
- Broad experience with 3D production tools used to model, animate, and render animations.
- Experience with scientific data visualization.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team environment, as well as the ability to work effectively with minimal guidance.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, wewill initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if youmeet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applyingcutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job description updated 6/25/20