Company Description Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory's mission. Job Description
We have an opening for aGame and Simulation Developer
to work on multi-disciplinary teams in an environment that encourages the support of the academic research community while focusing on problems of interest to LLNL and Department of Energy (DOE) programs. You will contribute to data visualization and simulations to inform and visualize public and emergency response strategies in support of national security missions. This position is in the Global Security Computing Applications Division (GS-CAD) within the Computing Directorate, matrixed to Global Security's N Program.
This position will be filled at eitherlevel based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.In this roleyou will
Additional job responsibilities, at the SES.2 level
- Develop and maintain agent-based interactive simulations for training and visualization.
- Model and animate 3D assets, code interactive logic, and interactive applications for desktop, web, and mobile deployment.
- Develop and maintain interactive training tools using electronic components (Arduino, Raspberry PI), mobile devices (phones, tablets) and the latest immersive hardware (virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) HMDs) for enhanced training applications.
- Respond rapidly to operational requirements by collaborating with a small, multi-disciplinary team while using independent judgement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Write whitepapers, proposals, reports, and training material for current and new capabilities, as well as document and track all project changes.
- Research new technologies and methods for data visualization, image processing, and interactive mediums.
- Develop 3D models and/or props for 3D printing.
Additional qualifications at the SES.2 level
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience, with an emphasis on computer animation, visual effects, game development or other forms of visual communication.
- Fundamental knowledge of and experience with the Unity Real-Time Development Platform and C# development, for use in an interactive simulation framework.
- Experience with 3D production tools used to model, animate, and render animations.
- Fundamental knowledge of scientific data visualization.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team environment, as well as the ability to work effectively with minimal limited guidance.
- Experience writing whitepapers, proposals, reports, and/or training material and completing and documenting moderately complex to complex technical projects, as well as broad experience converting and communicating highly technical information into content for a general audience.
- Experience working with 3D computer graphics software (such as Blender).
- Experience developing interactive games/apps for smartphones.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Position Information
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position. Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Careersite . COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking. Security Clearance
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.If you are selected, wewill initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if youmeet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2 . Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor. Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form . CaliforniaPrivacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitlesjob applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here . Videos To Watch