Join this fast growing and new casino game development studio in Las Vegas, NV.
Operations Engineer - Las Vegas, NV
The Information Technology operations architect manages and provides devops automation, hardware and software support, maintenance, consultation, and recommendations about current and future planning and development of resources. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner to ensure maximum access to and implementation of technology services and resources. The main goal is to tightly integrate IT and new technologies within the software development process to support and improve the productivity of a wide range of technically skilled teams comprised of developers, artists, technical designers, sound engineers, testing and QA, to ensure on time delivery of products ship dates.
Manage, develop and improve tools for the enhancement of the Development Operations. Will manage and support network, security and virtual server infrastructure using best-of-breed technologies.
Our environment is a mix of likeminded people who are just as passionate about development as we are. We create an innovative and collaborative thinking space for idea s, products and people to grow. We are looking for an individual that shows a track record of being passionate about leading edge technologies, enthusiastic and forward thinking.
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
DevOps Engineering (35%)
- Integrate and build automation tools for software development lifecycle (deployment, monitoring, and operations)
- Management / Re-provisioning of Development/Test Environments and maintenance (patches, O/S health)
- Maintain and administrate our automated Software Development Life Cycle with CI tools, GitLab integration for continuous build, test, and deployment
- Manage and integrate interoperability of DevOps systems (GitLab, JIRA, TeamCity)
- Research, evaluate and improve DevOps toolchain to automate and streamline our operations and processes.
- Monitor system healthiness with various tools and respond to alert.
Network Administration and Security (30%)
- Manage and maintenance Wireless infrastructure and Mobile Devices (Apple & Android-based)
- Support and recommend networking improvements to ensure maximum protection to company IP assets and performance of the network.
- Firewall Administration
- Endpoint Security (McAfee)
- Physical security systems (DVR, Access control, etc.)
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuance Management
Servers & Virtualization (VMWare, Windows and Linux) Administration (20%)
- Maintains and administers servers and related computing environments, including hardware, servers, systems software, application software and all configurations.
- Microsoft Active Directory / Office 365 Environment & Servers Administration
- Monitor and maintain technology to ensure maximum access and performance (Servers, VMWare, Backup/Restore Processes, Network Performance, Security Activities)
- Support Test/Development environment (External to our company)
DB & Analytics (10%)
- Microsoft SQL Server Administration (Backups, Monitoring, O/S Health)
- Management of Database Integration w/ backend Azure Application Insights services
Workstations (PCs / Mac) / Mobile Devices / Printers (5%)
- Install workstations hardware and Software, including setting up employee s access to required systems (Active Directory, File Shares, O365, etc.) Image Management of PCs (FOG)
- Management and maintenance of Mobile Devices (Apple & Android-based)
Administrative / Other (10%)
- Asset Management. Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources including IT documentation
- Knowledge of automation and continuous integration (2+ years)
- Setting up CI/CD pipelines (1+ years)
- Managing performance, availability, and scale for mid to large sized systems. (2+ years)
- Managing & maintaining networks, servers in a heterogenous environment (5+ years)
- Source Control Management (2+ years)
- Iterative/agile (e.g. SCRUM, XP) methodologies (1+ years)
Technical Requirements / Skills / Experience
- Virtualization (Intermediate / 2+ Years)
- VMware vSphere 6.x and iSCSI-based Storage Area Networks (SANs)
- Servers (Intermediate / 5+ Years)
- HP Proliant (or equivalent)
- DevOps Engineering - GitLab &Git Clients, TeamCity, JIRA, NPM Repositories, Microsoft TFS, Octopus, Object-Oriented Languages (C#, C++), PowerShell, Perl or Python, Ant
- Windows Active Directory (2012+) in an Office 365 environment (Intermediate / 4+ Years)
- Microsoft Databases & Methodologies (Intermediate / 2+ Years)
- SQL Server (2012+) Administration
- Power BI and/or PerformancePoint
- Microsoft Azure (Intermediate / 2+ Years)
- SQL Databases, App Insights, Stream Analytics and Machine Learning
- Networking / Infrastructure (Intermediate / 2+ Years)
- Cisco / Dell Switches, Next-Gen Firewalls (Palo Alto) and EndPoint Security Management (McAfee EPO)
- Application Servers
- Workstations (Intermediate / 5+ Years)
- Windows 10 PCs, Macintosh and Linux
- Bachelor degree or above in Computer Engineering or related discipline preferred (but not required)
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivated, detail minded and result oriented.
- Team player who values team success over individual recognition
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Excellent verbal & written skills
This three studio software engineering company is quickly becoming known as a leading creative developer of online mobile casino games. With no legacy or corporate entity to serve, this company is embracing leading technologies to deliver new and innovative experiences. Their customers are shifting work from other studios to them as their games are achieving faster market penetration, higher user satisfaction and superior quality. They recruit for attitude and aptitude. They believe the right people will employ their passion for gaming to create great product with minimal supervision/overhead which is the inspiration behind their small distributed studio approach to growth. You owe it to yourself to see this amazing alternative to corporate and indy game development.