Responsible for the technical performance of the station facilities equipment at the DSN complexes, this includes the maintenance of all equipment in compliance with currently applicable standards and regulations. This includes hardware and controls in the building structures, including seismic requirements and roof load. HVAC equipment, including chillers, chilled water support of transmitter and waveguide cooling and controls. Works with personnel to develop plans and scheduled for maintain upgrading and replacing capital equipment. Must have experience in electronics and communication facilities and maintenance.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Develop long-range maintenance strategies to ensure high levels of reliability and conformance with customer requirements.
2. Maintains close liaison with technical and support personnel.
3. Provide critical engineering input and support for the Goldstone Deep Space Communication Complex (GDSCC) and recommends improvements in the facilities operations processes.
4. Coordinates normal operational and administrative activities, provides work assignments and schedules, oversee the fabrication, modification, and installation of components.
5. Provide coordination with other groups to accomplish tasks outside normal areas of responsibility.
6. Participate in the department strategic planning process.
7. Develops long-term plans and ensures appropriate skills are available when needed.
8. Ensures plans, policies, and procedures are implemented and followed.
9. Ensures personnel have appropriate training and provides technical direction as required.
10. Provides direction and discipline to employees and is responsible for the evaluation of personnel performance, recommends candidates for employment, and salary actions. Decisions may have a major impact on the overall success of the department or program.
11. Provides significant customer influence on operational issues.
12. Applies wide application of theories, principles and concepts to operational planning. Communicates effectively in oral and written methods.
13. Develop a strong, effective working relationship with the Technical Facilities Maintenance Team.
Provide training to team members as needed. Perform any other tasks as assigned
BA/BS degree in a related field.
6 years of experience in a similar field.