Job Title: Cloud Engineer
Duration: [ Contract to Hire ]
Location: Westminster, CO 80021
- Assist with the design and building of reliable, fault tolerant cloud infrastructure following industry best practices.
- Perform hands on management of cloud infrastructure Document cloud infrastructure and policies
- Identify automation opportunities and implement using tools such as Ansible, vRealize, Terraform, cloud formation templates, and other similar tools.
- Work with Projects to help them adopt cloud infrastructure and services in order to reduce cost and deployment times.
- Mentor and train other members of the MAXIMUS IT Understand on-premise policies, solutions, and technologies and integrate with the cloud infrastructure where applicable.
- Understanding cloud security best practices and work with Security teams to design and implement a security infrastructure
- Serve as a technical point of contract for cloud services and help with communication of cloud services to projects Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree
- AWS Solutions Architect - Associate, Professional (preferred)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (preferred)
- 3 years of solid AWS experience
- 5-7 years of overall IT experience
- 5 years of scripting/automation experience
- Working knowledge of service, networking and storage concepts
- Understanding of Active Directory and Active Directory Federation Sevices
- Experience working in VMWare environment
- Linux (Redhat/Centos) experience
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior-level personnel and team members
- Ability to work well both independently and in teams
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritize rapidly-changing task assignments
- Experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
Additional preferred experience:
- Use of automation tools such as ansible, puppet, and chef strongly preferred
- Experience with vRealize
- Experience with Terraform
- Git/Github experience
- Experience with Federal security best practices
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies and shared infrastructure.
- Good scripting skills using shell and/or python.
- Experience with load balancers and firewalls
- Experience working in an ITIL environment