KEMET Electronics Corporation, a leading global supplier of electronic components, is seeking an energetic and positive Global IT Asset Management Specialist to join our Global IT Infrastructure Team in Fort Lauderdale. This newly created position at KEMET, reporting to the Manager of Global Infrastructure, will be highly visible and responsible for defining the strategy, developing and implementing procedures for KEMET's Global IT Assets, hardware and software.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Preferred Certifications: ITAM-IT Asset Management, CAMP, CHAMP or CITAM
Technology Proficiency – PCs, iPads, iPhones, Printers, Microsoft Office Suite
- Plan, monitor, procure and record IT hardware assets to ensure compliance with company policy and vendor contracts.
- Develop and implement procedures for tracking IT assets to oversee quality control throughout their leased or purchased life-cycles.
- Work closely with Procurement Departments, key stakeholders and senior management to ensure use of appropriate tools.
- Identify company IT (Server, PCs, etc.) and related peripherals, their current location, OS versions, lease cycles, health and hardware levels.
- Asset management reporting: Produce compliance reports and respond to requests from management.
- Adhere to KEMET IT policies and assist with development of procedures/policies to ensure the global organization follows IT deployment and replacement policies.
- Track IT assets globally and ensure that expiring leases are replaced, returned to vendors or purchased at the end of lease cycles.
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for Global IT asset management and reporting.
- Procure, track and manage KEMET’s global Server, PC and network devices.
- Implement new processes for managing Move, Add Change and Delete (MACD) activities for all IT assets globally.
- Responsible for collection and continuous maintenance of global IT inventory and life cycles.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of three years of IT Asset Management experience including various asset management/tracking tools.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Experience with Oracle and with IBM BigFix and NEWT Scanning tool a plus
- Familiarity with ServiceNow ITSM a plus
- Must have excellent organizational and communications skills and ability to work effectively with Procurement professionals and management.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills, and ability to break down complex problems.
- Strong communication & presentation skills, able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Experience creating technical documentation.
- Interpret large raw data sets and conduct data analysis and audits.
- Ability to work independently or as a team.
- Time management and prioritization skills are essential.
- Ability to manage multiple activities, changing priorities, meet tight deadlines.
- Self-starter, quick learner with ability to take the initiative.
- Exposure to leading edge technology and empowering culture
- Attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401K, tuition reimbursement, technical Certifications, generous paid vacation)
- Nice New work environment in downtown Fort Lauderdale, KEMET Tower on East Broward Blvd.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran. We value a diverse workforce