- B. S., Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent industry experience performing functional program management in a complex physical security environment.
- 5 years physical security experience, including regular interface with general contractors, property managers and client stakeholders. Thorough understanding of both installation and service elements of operational performance.
- Excellent leadership skills, min. +3 years experience managing professionals in a construction setting, with thorough understanding of permitting and union complexities.
- Self-starter, ability to review processes and instill continuous improvement methodologies, including institution and execution of a formal quality assurance program.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills. Ability to lead and participate in meetings, representing both client and client Physsec as required.
- Technical expertise required certification or exposure to enterprise-wide access control and video systems.
- Organizational skills, ability to adjust labor efforts to fluctuating demands. Working closely with sales and program management leadership, exploit client organization to bring thought leadership to the client.
- Position will be onsite at client location in Los Angeles, so that the Program Manager can actively partner with client stakeholders.
- Use of Project Management Portfolio tool sets, such as Smart sheet or MS Project.
- Desired experience/background in IT industry and engineering.
- Project management certification desired if not present, will be enrolled in certification process.
Mac Security Systems Administrator
The Program Manager provides oversight and responsibility for management of the portfolio of projects executed and managed by Client. He is responsible for providing regular project communications, both internally and externally to the appropriate stakeholders so that projects are delivered on time and within budget. Working under the direction of a Division Operations Manager, the Program Manager provides a single point of accountability to clients for resolution of assigned project and operational issues, and performs periodic project and program reviews, making recommendations for improvement and marshaling the implementation of those recommendations. Actively participates in sequencing projects, adjusting timelines, and modifying scope documents to achieve Program objectives. This position is full time, onsite at the client facilities in Los Angeles, CA.
Overarching Objectives Include:
- Management and oversight of a project portfolio, interacting with client, general contractor, subcontractor and Client-supplied project management and installation resources to achieve successful implementation through planning, design and close management of all execution phases.
- Understanding the client program objectives and alignment of operational support activities to meet those objectives . Assists in the establishment of Program standards, policies and processes. Ensuring proper program alignment with all individual Projects.
- Facilitates communication with the client and client internal stakeholders. Regularly engages the client to maintain current pulse on client perceptions, needs, challenges and potential business opportunities.
- Takes ownership for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction. Advocates for the client while maintaining ability to counsel client when program improvements require client-side modifications. Strives to achieve trusted advisor status with client.
- Monitoring and providing oversight of projects. Regularly compile and communicate information related to critical activities, resources and timelines.
- Working with the Strategic Account Manager and Program mannager, participates and actively contributes to regular performance reviews with all key stakeholders. Acts as liaison between client, Sales, COEs, Field Delivery Teams, and Business Partners when reviewing and revising key Program elements.
Discrete Duties Include:
- Adherence and contributor to the program management plan.
- Initiation of the program s projects.
- Ensures that the program has adequate support.
- Monitors the program against plan.
- Ensures benefits are identified, measured, tracked and realized.
- Assists in identification of program level risks and manages same.
- Provides support, mentoring and advice to project managers.
- Reports on project status to program executive (regional director).
- Monitor and control project performance.
- Implement and operate a project controlled environment (Playbook requirements).
- Develop and maintain a project scoreboard.