As a Google Cloud Platform Cloud Security Analyst, you will be at the front lines with our clients supporting them with their cloud security needs to securely navigate their journey to the cloud on the leading cloud platforms, by supporting the implementation of industry-leading practices around cyber risks and cloud security for clients. You will execute on cloud security engagements during different phases of the lifecycle - assessment, design, implementation, and post-implementation reviews, particularly you will:
- Have foundational knowledge of cloud cyber risk for Google Cloud Platform
- Assist in guiding clients on their transition from on-premise security technologies to cloud-native options and assist clients with the deployment of cloud-native and third-party technologies to secure cloud platforms.
- Support cloud security assessments and provide recommendations on required configurations for client's google cloud platforms and environments based on Deloitte's Cloud Cyber Risk Framework.
- Design, develop, and implement cloud platform-specific security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Troubleshoot problems with cloud infrastructure (e.g., domain name service, virtual network peering, dedicated cloud connectivity services - Google Cloud Dedicated Interconnect) and resources (e.g., virtual machines, virtual networks, cloud databases) in a multi-cloud vendor environment and document technical platform issues, analysis, client communication, and resolution as part of cyber risk mitigation steps.
- Assist in the design, implementation, management, and automation of DevSecOps capabilities in cloud offerings (e.g., Google Functions, Python, JSON, Terraform).
- Support the team on proposals, whitepapers, proof of concepts, technical eminence materials, and firm initiatives.
Deloitte Advisory's Cloud Cyber team helps complex organizations more confidently pursue their growth, innovation, and performance agendas through proactive management of the associated cyber risks. Our professionals provide advisory and implementation services that integrate risk, regulatory, and technology skills to help clients transform their legacy programs into proactive Secure.Vigilant.Resilient. cyber risk programs. Join the team developing the future state of cyber risk solutions. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk Services practice .Required:
- BA/BS Degree is required. Ideally in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Security, Engineering, Information Technology.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/assignments/responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated leadership and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Strong academic track record (GPA of 3.2 preferred)
- Relevant work experience or work experience in a professional environment (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
- Foundational knowledge of cloud computing and/or cybersecurity
- Full stack development experience
- Experience with JSON, Python, XML, and the ability to write automation scripts
- Experience with Terraform or other IaC tools
- Foundational knowledge of security and privacy-related industry standards and frameworks (e.g., ISO 27001/2, NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, CSA CCM) is a plus
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing, and firewalling concepts