Clover Consulting has a direct client in need of a Google Cloud Platform Architect for a 12 months contract with high likelihood of extensions. This is a 100% remote position. The skills required are as follows. Qualified candidates, please provide resume.
The Google Cloud Platform Solutions Architect may or may not have a programming background, but will have expert infrastructure architecture including hands-on experience, client presales / presentation, team management and thought leadership skills, specifically with Google Cloud Platform (Google Cloud Platform).
You will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects; you will assist in defining scope and sizing of work; and anchor Proof of Concept developments. You will provide solution architecture for the business problem, platform integration with third party services, designing and developing complex features for clients' business needs.
You will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high quality solutions, participate in Sales and various pursuits focused on our clients' business needs. You will also contribute in a variety of roles in thought leadership, mentorship, systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and documentation. You will challenge your leading edge solutions, consultative and business skills through the diversity of work in multiple industry domains.
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture in the Google Cloud Platform (Google Cloud Platform) arena. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains.
- Lead projects within architecture. Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Liaise with nearshore/offshore team and clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Architect, design and implement solutions.
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the design & implementation of distributed applications.
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience in architecting and delivering Google Cloud Platform (Google Cloud Platform) solutions.
- Experience in establishing Google Cloud Platform (Google Cloud Platform) foundational environments including network and security for production environments.
- Experience with security architecture and best practice implementations for Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with network architecture and implementations for Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with SRE and implementing highly available, reliable and optimized infrastructure for Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with microservice architectures and service fabric deployments.
- Strong Kubernetes containerization and orchestration experience configuring, managing, and optimizing Google Cloud Platform GKE and Google Cloud Platform Anthos deployments.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform serverless deployments and event driven architectures.
- Experience developing helm charts to declaratively deploy microservices and Google Cloud Platform backed services.
- Experience developing Terraform for provisioning cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with a back end scripting language - Java, Node, Python.
- Experience with Agile methodology and SDLC.
- Have a solid understanding of delivery methodology and lead teams in the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture.
Preferred skills and education:
- One or more Google Cloud Professional Certifications
- Cloud Architect
- Cloud Security Engineer
- Cloud Network Engineer
- Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Data Engineer
- Cloud Developer
- Kubernetes certifications a plus
- Apigee and API integration experience a plus
- AWS Cloud experience and certifications a plus