Are you a big-picture thinker who connects the dots and identifies the possibilities? Are you passionate about helping Government and Public Services (GPS) organizations prepare for challenges and overcome threats? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of Strategic Risk professionals who work with clients to understand how embracing risk can drive performance. If you seek a role that offers you the opportunity to advise GPS clients through critical and complex issues while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory's Strategic Risk practice.
Work you'll do
- Serve as a a Document Validation, Costing, or Technical Specialist for Public Assistance grants
- Review supporting documentation for grants to ensure that each sub recipient receives appropriate reimbursement for approved, federally funded programs
- Provide reconciliation, accounting support, and compile supporting documentation
- Identify any missing documentation and coordinate with counterparts to resolve
- Ensure compliance with all applicable policies, regulations, and laws. Including, the Stafford Act, 2 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), 44 CFR, the Public Assistance Program and Policy Guide (PAPPG), and other specific customer Policies
- Identity any eligibility concerns and work with the Lane Manager to resolve
- Oversee multiple grant development, from a variety of incidents with different policy requirements
- Document Validation Specialist: Develop and validate Damage Description and Dimensions (DDD), Scope of Work (SOW), and costs for completed work based upon the provide documentation
- Costing Specialists: Develop Scopes of Work (SOW) and cost estimates related to repair and/or replacement grants. Search for comparable to validate cost estimates
- Technical Specialist: Conduct site inspections as needed to develop a Damage Description and Dimensions (DDD). Develop a Scope of Work (SOW) and cost estimated related to complex repair and/or replacement grants.
- Site locations include: Denton, Winchester, Oakland, or Guaynabo
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our Crisis & Grants Management team delivers innovative, connective, human-centered and sustainable crisis and grants management services to help organizations and communities prepare for, prevent, respond to, recover from and mitigate risks caused by operational disruptions and crises. We help our clients define future state visions, develop strategic roadmaps, establish governance infrastructure, operationalize processes, measure and monitor performance, innovate through technology, and deliver quality program outcomes in an expedited, cost effective and compliant manner Together we create more resilient communities and responsive ecosystems through incident action planning, grant risk assessments, improving grant processes and operations, future and contingency planning, and data analytics
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum one year of grants management experience at the state and/or federal level
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Possess knowledge on the technical aspects of the federal grant program and will be expected to exercise independent judgement within the limits of applicable Federal and State statutes, regulations, policies and procedures
- Possess experience working on a state and/or federal grant program
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to learn new software quickly
How You'll Grow
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, business, finance, engineering, architecture, construction management, or similar fields
- Costing and Technical Specialists: Proficient in RS Means
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.